• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homemade Front Bumper, and T-Case Skid

60annivxj said:
:lecture: no such thing as a mistake when you are learning. the "critics" are the ones that can't or have'nt done. great work....if you love it that's all that's important!

most of what looked dumb was trial and error... when the winch was set in the C-channel, it wasn't going to fit, so the plan was changed.

Thank you for your comment, I'm trying to get the point accross to the remaining bashers that I know what I'm doing... but some (see my last reply) still don't get it...

Cool - looks better and I can certainly see the frame tie-ins on this computer. Laptop showed darkness behind the bumper.

Still wonder what it weighs though! :p

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Yucca-Man said:
Still wonder what it weighs though! :p

Me too! it'll come of for paint... I'll weigh it then.

progress today:

I got the underside fully welded so the welding's done. it's all ground and smooth, drilled the frame for the rest of the bolts, and installed them...

Left to do... drill out D-ring tabs (that oughta be fun...) paint it, and GET A WINCH!

Having built a bumper from 100% scrap from school in class, I can appreciate the work it takes to do it in three hour increments, two days a week, and designing it arround what is laying around for use. Looks good!

haha, well... I stayed overtime for two days... about 6hrs each... so I think I have 14hrs in it total... so far. a couple more to do the finish work...

hey man nice work cant wait to c the finished product...

I'll have to check out the $399 winch...

thanks guys, a friend got a sweet pic of a little something we did today before taking it off for finish work... I'll leave you in suspense until I get the picture from him.

Got One!!! I think it'll do...

attachment3.jpg

...and to top it off, the toleranced didn't change AT ALL!!!

I got the holes for the shackled blown out... still need to actually buy one to see exactly how big they need to be... but anyways... after the pic with the forklift, we took it off to weld up the bottom better... (overhead is hard, and mine isn't fantastic...). it will get painted while it's off also... hopefully tomorrow.

Last edited:
so here is the finished, painted bumper... still drying, waiting for more coats here, but it's done! I'll get more, better pics of it back on the jeep later.

attachment4.jpg

I got it back on the jeep on friday, and it's all good to go! waiting for a winch!

dude i think anything that you can make with your own hands is cool as is, the fact the that bumper looks sick as hell makes it all the better. killer work bro.:yelclap:

I saw the first picks and missed the in progress part. OH Hell I thought. But hey turned out nice. GOOD WORK DUDE!

:clap:

Thanks a lot guys! I still haven't found time to get a pic of it finished on the jeep, but I'll get one.

See the ZJ in the background of the forklifted off the ground picture? It's Next!

looks pretty good. although that 1in square looks uhm thin i think boxing it will make it quite strong so hopefully you ran those welds pretty hot for penetration, especially since so much of them got ground off.

I think the tubing was 1/8 wall... Also, all of the welds were done on the back side also, so the top, which was ground off, is not very necessary. Yes, I did get it hot for good penetration. I'm not worried about this thing breaking in the least!

Back