• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homemade Front Bumper, and T-Case Skid

xxmidianxx said:
I would not worry about what those guys say... They act like they came out of the womb with a welder in one hand and a piece of steel in the other.

Now that is one of the better quotes that i have seen in a while. :peace:

Anywhoo, looks decent....looks heavy. Did you get measurements on how much coil sag you are going to have?

Any time anyone makes something by hand, from scratch is a good thing....Tell the haters to kizz yo azz. They are just jealous. There is always a better way to do things, at least you did it your way and that's what counts.

Last edited:
Anywhoo, looks decent....looks heavy. Did you get measurements on how much coil sag you are going to have?
yeah, it brought the front down 1/2 in. I'm going to put in a 1" spacer to make up for that, plus the weight of a winch.

ALRIGHT!!! finally found time to upload pics!

Now that's a rig!

000_0970.jpg

000_0971.jpg

000_0972.jpg

000_0973.jpg

I put the licence plate over the cutout for the winch cable cause I just went on a long trip... I did it just for legality sake. I know you like my mounting system! (here's the underside...; how it ended up)

000_0974.jpg

on a side note..... My jeep leans over quite a bit to the driver's side... I did an s10 blazer bastard pack for the rear lift. I'm guessing this is where my one-sided sag is coming from? is it bad to fix this by lifting the driver's side 1/2in more using the other hole of my adj. shackle? or do I need to get another blazer pack and rebuild the pack on the one side?

what kind of bikes are those?
I miss my trek 4500....

you might already know if the trac bar isnt centered that will cause your jeep to lean...

Last edited:
I KNEW someone would ask that! hahaha.

ok, the blue and white one:
Kona Kikapu Deluxe
-Shimano Deore LX shifters, and front deraileur.
-Deore XTR rear deraileur.
-Race face deus cranks.
-Cane creek wheels/headset...
-weighs around 26-27lbs.
-Duel Suspension.
-Fox Talas RL fork 80-130mm travel.
-Fox Float rear.

The Red and Black One:
-Flyte Celcius 6
-Good luck finding a new one...
-Deore LX components all around.
-Bontrager wheels.
-Manitou R7 100mm travel Fork.

...Yes, I race them, they both belong to me.

and I might as well add the kayaks...

Mine(the bigger one):
-Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140

My dad's (the small one):
-Cobra Play

Last edited:
you might already know if the trac bar isnt centered that will cause your jeep to lean...

best way to center it... level ground and make sure it goes in easy?

just for anyone else who might encounter this leaning problem...

it turns out that it was my swaybar. I hade to make shorter links to keep the bar from hitting my bumper bracket bolts... the jeep was sideways on a little hill when I made the links, so when I had it on level ground, it leaned to the driver's side. I fixed this by shortening one link, and swapping them. now all is good...

tayman nice bumper I really like it. I just bought an 88 xj and I was wondering (sp) if I could copy your bumper design? If I can could you give me so measurements. If not that cool.

BTW nice bumper :thumbup: .

000_0970.jpg

Are you planning on adjustable control arms to center up the wheels in the openings?

88 cherokee said:
tayman nice bumper I really like it. I just bought an 88 xj and I was wondering (sp) if I could copy your bumper design? If I can could you give me so measurements. If not that cool.

BTW nice bumper :thumbup: .

yeah, sure. PM me with what you're looking for! I can take more pics if you need too...

razdrvr said:
000_0970.jpg

Are you planning on adjustable control arms to center up the wheels in the openings?
Eventually... more things come with more money... :smsoap:

I'd like to do long arms, but again... it's da munnie....

yeah, sure. PM me with what you're looking for! I can take more pics if you need too...

Im new here as you can see. I dont know how to PM yet but I will find it. As for measurments I need them all. Thank you for the help.

Back