• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homemade Front Bumper, and T-Case Skid

x2 good work.
Your plate on the drivers side is also a steering box reinforcment.
When I started reading this thread from the top I was looking at the work in progress pics and remember thinking "looks good enough" then I started seeing the comments.....wtf guys???It looks like a decent winch bumper as long as his welds are strong on the c-channel winch cradle to the frame plates.That is the critical part.If you are not accomplished enough I would have your instructor burn those in....(I recommend using the arc welder there)

I think you kinda silenced the critics with the more finished pics.Btw:with the way the right and left sides are boxed in .125 would have been plenty strong and weigh much less to skin it with!!

Now get a winch on there so you can winch the haters outta the mud!!!

Last edited:
Thanks guys. it's close to done... just the finishing touches now... like welding EVERYTHING, and trimming like mentioned before...

Btw:with the way the right and left sides are boxed in .125 would have been plenty strong and weigh much less to skin it with!!

I would have done that, but the 3/16 was free, as was everything else... so no complaints...

Now get a winch on there so you can winch the haters outta the mud!!!

I Need money! haha, I'll get one soon.

tayman said:
Underside of the winch plate. It will be fully welded along the tubing...

000_0968.jpg

another more frontal fiew of it...

000_0969.jpg
All you did was flip over the channel and "buzz" off the edges and then add a filler plate.Do you even know where the winch will mount?Its starting to look extremely heavy!!Your not even done welding and its already warped.Do A search!

Last edited:
where do you see channel? it was taken out and replaced... the ribs you see there are from the I-beam... it's totally out of square tubing and plate(all cut out of I-beam). I have test fitted a buddies winch, and it will work fine.

where's YOUR homemade bumper?

Looks great man. Keep us posted on the finished job.

I would not worry about what those guys say... They act like they came out of the womb with a welder in one hand and a piece of steel in the other.

I think it looks pretty freakin good! I would like to build one like that but I live in an apartment and they frown on welding. I guess I'll just have to keep strapping kittens to my bumper!
:yelclap:
lets see some pics you testing it out!

this was pretty much the plan from the beginning... it is coming out better that I expected!

Today I got the D-ring tabs cut out, and beefed up. I still need to do a bit of grinding on one of them... I also welded more of the underside, but still have a ways to go. I'll get a pic up tomorrow after the other tab is ground. Then I need to drill them out. and paint it, and maybe put a plate at an angle under the winch plate for asthetic reasons...

lets see some pics you testing it out!

I need to go wheelin' first!!! a couple weeks from now, and you'll get those...

xpanicax said:
I guess I'll just have to keep strapping kittens to my bumper!

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:doh:

Thanks... it definately makes the outers stronger than hell! to be honest, basically the whole design came from a buddy...but I don't care! I like it!

I can't resist the urge to put this up... first flexin' with the bumper. gotta love the invention of the cell phone camera!

attachment2.jpg

Now see that looks great...

Thanks guys, I hope to finish it up tomorrow... then painting it is next. I still need to drill the frame for two more bolts that I haven't put in yet too...

:lecture: no such thing as a mistake when you are learning. the "critics" are the ones that can't or have'nt done. great work....if you love it that's all that's important!

RCP Phx said:
All you did was flip over the channel and "buzz" off the edges and then add a filler plate.Do you even know where the winch will mount?Its starting to look extremely heavy!!Your not even done welding and its already warped.Do A search!

What the hell are you talking about??? Yes, I know where the winch will mount, and IT'S NOT WARPED! where do you see warping? explain it to me... I'd like to see it. :moon:

Back