• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

holy crap we made it!

did anyone run the trail w/o sliders? or open diffs front/rear? im hoping to run it next year but i have alot i need to upgrade before i make the challenge

The trail is doable open/open without rocksliders.

The trail is doable open/open without rocksliders.

if you don't care about your rockers yes... My sliders got hit so bad it pushed into my rockers and bent the shit out of the sliders...

Even my gas tank skid is beat to shit and it was dent free friday.

I was running with a L/S rear, running without sliders would be possible if you were to make small sacrifices, like say.... never opening your doors again

I had to use the hammer and pry bar to get the passenger door to open fully... I am thinking about just cutting out the rockers and making integrated sliders.

100_0366.jpg

i like how you keep your wing windows closed tightly! i do the exact same thing

Brad, them burgers look so dam good!
:thumbup: on that water ride julio!
overall it sure does look like a heck of a time!
camping, grillin', jumping in the water and wheeling! man, talk about a summer camp! :wave:

if you don't care about your rockers yes... My sliders got hit so bad it pushed into my rockers and bent the shit out of the sliders...

Even my gas tank skid is beat to shit and it was dent free friday.

I had to use the hammer and pry bar to get the passenger door to open fully... I am thinking about just cutting out the rockers and making integrated sliders.

:shhh:

great pics and I miss that trail even though it has been a year or two ago. That canadian beaver! Was it near the lake? Didnt seem like the trail was crowded from looking at the pics.

Thanks. Still got a lot of things i wanna do, but i'm having fun along the way....I still remember that day at Cleghorn. Dont know if i ever said it before, but "Thanks".....See what you started! Damn you

haha thats how it goes, man. i was stock when i found this place 4 years ago, now i'm heading on to my second XJ after killing the first. Definately changed for the better. My wallet may disagree, but the smile on my face is all Jeep :D

great pics and I miss that trail even though it has been a year or two ago. That canadian beaver! Was it near the lake? Didnt seem like the trail was crowded from looking at the pics.

The Marmont or whatever their called was hanging out by Buck Island Lake. The trail was a zoo going in. Everybody and their Grandma was coming out as we went in, but by the end of the day it seemed like we were the only ones on the trail. The last day and a 1/2 I think I saw two or three other groups. Running the main section on Monday and Tuesday was awesome.

I'm going to link to my Photobucket album, since I ended up with over 130 pix I liked. If you want a "full rez" version of one, let me know (They're all only about 2MB though, at 12MegaPixel).

http://tinyurl.com/Rubicon-06-10

The Marmont or whatever their called was hanging out by Buck Island Lake. The trail was a zoo going in. Everybody and their Grandma was coming out as we went in, but by the end of the day it seemed like we were the only ones on the trail. The last day and a 1/2 I think I saw two or three other groups. Running the main section on Monday and Tuesday was awesome.

Ha! Thats exactly where our Marmot was hanging out too since we camped at Buck Island. Wonder if its the exact same one. :)

Nice pics of a great trail.
My best memories of the Rubicon are taking a non-wheeling buddy out there. He was like a 40 year old kid at Disney World. The scenery was mind blowing and the trail memories last forever. Just remember to stop and look around. :yelclap:

The scenery was mind blowing and the trail memories last forever. Just remember to stop and look around. :yelclap:

Oh crap!! I totally forgot to look around... we need to go back, immediately!! :laugh: Good excuse, right?

Yes, the scenery was breathtaking, and it was a great trip on any number of levels.

Back