• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hollister Hills chapter run, Nov 4th

XJ_ranger said:
Id also be interested in camping friday night, but wouldnt get down there till REAL late...
Prob with that is you need to get the Gate combo, so some one would need to get up there before the ranger station closes.

Letterman said:
Prob with that is you need to get the Gate combo, so some one would need to get up there before the ranger station closes.

its been quite some time for me since I last went mudding at Hollister - and I dont recall - do Cell Phones work in the park?

XJ_ranger said:
its been quite some time for me since I last went mudding at Hollister - and I dont recall - do Cell Phones work in the park?

they do a bit at the top you get great reception (sp)
but in the campground i only got one bar when i was standing near the rest rooms

I've never been to Hollister so I have a quick question. (I've tried to do a search for the answer and found nothing, not that I'm not too blind to see something right under my nose, and went to the web site w/no luck.) Soooo, what is the fee to get into Hollister OHV?
Also, is anyone headed down there by way of 680 on morning of the 4th, and if so how early? I'll be doin 680 all the way from Concord so have a lot of places to meet up with people along the way. The thought of possibly makin some ground scrapin rice burners a little nervous w/a bunch of lifted jeeps rollin down the freeway sounds like a nice start to the day.:D

Rob D said:
I've never been to Hollister so I have a quick question. (I've tried to do a search for the answer and found nothing, not that I'm not too blind to see something right under my nose, and went to the web site w/no luck.) Soooo, what is the fee to get into Hollister OHV?

five bucks, but its more to camp

buzzbombxj said:

Thanks for the info.

Rob D said:
Also, is anyone headed down there by way of 680 on morning of the 4th, and if so how early? I'll be doin 680 all the way from Concord so have a lot of places to meet up with people along the way. The thought of possibly makin some ground scrapin rice burners a little nervous w/a bunch of lifted jeeps rollin down the freeway sounds like a nice start to the day.:D

im in lafayette near walnut creek ill most likely be leaveing somewere around say 8-830 ish and get to the park around 930-10 its always more fun to convory
if you want to leave earlier or later we can plan somthing

-nick

buzzbombxj said:

five bucks for the day and 5 more if your going to camp for the night but that also is good for wheeling the next day i think

so 10 for 2 days...... anyone know for sure?

-nick

sup guys! im going to try to make it..

im going to be playing a hockey tournament in Water City that day so its close to Hollister maybe ill stop by during a break or something..
"hope i can make it out there"

nickangus said:
im in lafayette near walnut creek ill most likely be leaveing somewere around say 8-830 ish and get to the park around 930-10 its always more fun to convory
if you want to leave earlier or later we can plan somthing

-nick

Sounds good to me. I sorta planned to be on the road about that time myself. We could meet up some place close to you or someplace like the Walnut Creek BART lot, or whatever. You name it, I'll find it(I hope :D ).

Looks like Friday is a "teacher prep day" which means no school for my kid, so I can jet down there as early as Thursday after dark, and stay until Sunday.

I can bring the war drums in case anyone else don't want to work but want to bang on the drum all day (or half the night). Maybe I can get the guitar and fiddle crowd to show up too.

How much fire wood do we need?

Rob D said:
Sounds good to me. I sorta planned to be on the road about that time myself. We could meet up some place close to you or someplace like the Walnut Creek BART lot, or whatever. You name it, I'll find it(I hope :D ).

longs in walnut creek would work best its right off the freeway if you take the Olympic Blvd exit and go to the right its right there

nickangus said:
longs in walnut creek would work best its right off the freeway if you take the Olympic Blvd exit and go to the right its right there
Okay, that sounds good to me. A couple of days before we go I'll shoot ya a pm w/my phone #.

Count me in too! Might give me a reason to fix my squeaky rear brakes:bs:

I may be able to leave early and be there Friday morning and camp too. Look foward to seeing ya'll!

Thanks for bring the campfire Crawldaddy! I'll bring a couple piece of oak to throw in the :flame:

alright, well i asked for the time off work. If i get it i will be coming down friday and staying till sunday. Anybody around sonoma want to convoy down with me? I'm ordering my currie steering tomorrow. i hope i can get it and install it before then. i taco'd my tie rod.

You should have it by then. Sucks you bent you old stuff but hey, you probably just need a reason to get a nice Currie one. New steering will be nice for the trip down.:D

I got it today and i just got off work. i'm installing it now in the dark! and yeah, i really look for any reason to put nicer, bigger stuff on my jeep :D

It looks like I may have more cars than drivers...could use someone to drive down on Friday, and back on Sunday. Hayward area. PM if you care to help.

Back