• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help w/Brake booster on a 94 XJ

Capt Sport

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

Is it me or is there a special brake booster for the 94' model year XJ? I tried every auto parts store in the Oceanside area and no one has a rebuilt brake booster for my Jeep.

I looked in the book that NAPA had and they don't even list a brake booster for the 94' Their book listed 90-93 and 95-01. I really need to get one of these as my other car died (bad rear main seal) and I'm junking it.

My Jeep has anti-lock brakes (they suck!!!) but so do alot of other XJ's. So, I don't see what the problem is.

So, any advice/help would be appreciated.

I did see on the net where a guy changed over to a Grand Cherokee booster and calipers. I just wonder if the brake lines etc. are the same as a XJ and it would be some what of a bolt on swap? Any ideas?

Thanks for you help,

Capt Sport

94 "Sport" (of course)
31" Procomp Mud's
Detroit Locker (rear) 4.10 gears
Needs lift bad!!!
197k happy miles and counting

from what I can tell the 94 Xj w ABS booster only fits the XJ 92-4 W/ABS.

Have them check 92-93 and make sure it matches what you have.
(Or ditch the ABS)

Not wishing to contradict anyone on here, but I've got my eye on a double diaphragm booster off an 94-95 model with ABS for my 93 w/o ABS - I checked with the stealership for the part numbers and any other differences, and it appears that the dd boosters may well be the same regardless of whether they fit the ABS or non-ABS versions. Give your local stealership a call and compare part numbers - you never know, but you might get a nice surprise with a ZJ booster too. Good luck!

Back