• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help lca install: axle shifted

boise49ers said:
Are you serious ? Thats good to know , but man what a bunch of wasted time I took:confused1
works for me- helps to have some actual lugs on the tire tho- one time i adjusted mine my self and just put a chop block under it- backed up- got out checked the hole with the ebrake on- did it till it was lined up, that was a long time ago

Last edited:
skyjackedxj96 said:
[...] just put a chop block under it- backed up- got out checked the hole with the ebrake on- did it till it was lined up, that was a long time ago
I'm totally serious on this (claiming ignorance), but "put a chop block under" what, and what's a "chop block"? I'm honestly not being sarcastic here.

just block off the front tires, put it in low gear or 4low and ever so slightly back up.- ebrake, get out and look at ( you know you can loosen the 2 bolts on the back to make the hole open up) untill its lined up. or do it while someone watches and lets you know that its lined up.

it aint the right way to do it , but it worked for me one time back when i had short arms and 3"....

skyjackedxj96 said:
just block off the front tires, put it in low gear or 4low and ever so slightly back up.- ebrake, get out and look at ( you know you can loosen the 2 bolts on the back to make the hole open up) untill its lined up. or do it while someone watches and lets you know that its lined up.

it aint the right way to do it , but it worked for me one time back when i had short arms and 3"....

me and LilRedRover thought about doing that but being by myself i was alittle leary of doing it that way. i also thought about hocking my 4wheeler to the axle and slowly pulling. but agian not the best thing when you're alone.

lostdeep said:
me and LilRedRover thought about doing that but being by myself i was alittle leary of doing it that way. i also thought about hocking my 4wheeler to the axle and slowly pulling. but agian not the best thing when you're alone.

I knew someone would have done it that way. I gotta work till 7 on monday but I can throw in some grubby clothes and run up that way after I get off if you need me to.

Back