• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELLO ALL! (IL)

Buy a tow rig and trailer...

mac 'that's not putting money INTO the rig' gyvr

this man is right. I finally ended up there after a few years.

if it's not something you need to drive everyday there are cheaper options than a 3/4 ton truck and trailer.

this man is right. I finally ended up there after a few years.

if it's not something you need to drive everyday there are cheaper options than a 3/4 ton truck and trailer.

I have a civic for a daily, the heep, and a dune buggy... so what are cheaper options than a truck and trailer?? maybe upgrade the heep and know my limits like suggested above...

I dont know the limits of the heep because really i have only driven the heep like a dozen times since in owned it over 2 years ago... Spiky(wish i had time to drive my heep instead of doing homework) hair87....

I have a civic for a daily, the heep, and a dune buggy... so what are cheaper options than a truck and trailer?? maybe upgrade the heep and know my limits like suggested above...

I dont know the limits of the heep because really i have only driven the heep like a dozen times since in owned it over 2 years ago... Spiky(wish i had time to drive my heep instead of doing homework) hair87....

btw i have been trying to start it more and more... that i suppose helps me gain confidence that it wont let me down as it has started everytime (when i have a full battery, fixed that with a quick battery disconnect)..

i also tightened up my gear box slop which should give me less of that white knuck i cant control it mentallity that i have had for a little while...

i think that since i have been messing around with it more i may have had a change of heart... prob. want to keep it now.. but still good idea to know what i can get out of it if i needed/wanted to sell it...

up next is going to be a fresh red paint job and installing the hitch and gas tank skid.. just need to get done with my finals this week...

laterz :spin1:

over the weekend i think i finally have decided on a paint scheme.. once i prep and drill all necessary holes (my safari snorkel...)

i think i will paint it all back to red (it currently half red half black.. lol)
and then paint/put on custom ltb "tracks" on the hood and fenders...

i cant seem to find a picture but know that i saw it once it looked pretty cool...

anyways i still have a bunch of other projects but sometime i will get it painted!! and "driveable.." actually driveable first as i need to use it to move with!

Laterz ben

Like this

jeeplift1.jpg

yup pretty much but mine will be an ltb tread pattern...

red jeep with black thread "marks" and i wont put it over the windows..

prob. just from the pass. side door to the front drivers side fender...

just one... i will prob. take my ltb's get them wet or dirty (lol easy) and then run them over a peice of paper or card board to get the pattern trace it and then make a template for it...

prob. spray the jeep with my paint gun back to red (might use rustuoluem and thin it down and add some hardener will test out first..) and then use the template and some black spray paint to get the look...

add 2 or so coats of clear and blam done... im also considering just rattle canning the whole thing with "sunrise red" from rustoluem but i dont want a spotty look... nice clean and simple...

btw thanks for the general picture... believe me mine wont have any sort of janky stuff like that... (besides a tread pattern look) lol

is that wood under there?

Wood from a pinewhiteoakapplepeach tree is extremely durable and used in most XJ body lifts, in fact i wouldn't run a body lift that didn't use it :D

That Jeep has my name on it...literally.

Back