• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELLO ALL! (IL)

sorry dan not this weekend.. i have to work... :(

but prehaps in the future...

right now my jeep will be getting a few "upgrades"

mounting a xrc8 behind the crossmember and "modifying"
my bumper to have a cable go through with a fairlead attached
to the front of the bumper.. hard to explain but ill get pictures...

also in the process of ordering some aero beadlocks...
but i can still use the "old" set of tires if i really wanted to wheel
and i could wait on the winch.... lol but im not...

im going to drop insurance and add the winch, get my beadlocks....
install my lockright for my dana 30, add a snorkel, oba.. then ill be ready...

i plan on hitting up the cliffs in the spring april/may time....

and possibly getting to the badlands sometime this summer...

but thanks for the invite!! i havent seen very many xj's down there just me and my buddy when ever we go.... but hopefully we can plan something sometime and then there will be 5!

sorry dan not this weekend.. i have to work... :(

but prehaps in the future...

right now my jeep will be getting a few "upgrades"

mounting a xrc8 behind the crossmember and "modifying"
my bumper to have a cable go through with a fairlead attached
to the front of the bumper.. hard to explain but ill get pictures...

also in the process of ordering some aero beadlocks...
but i can still use the "old" set of tires if i really wanted to wheel
and i could wait on the winch.... lol but im not...

im going to drop insurance and add the winch, get my beadlocks....
install my lockright for my dana 30, add a snorkel, oba.. then ill be ready...

i plan on hitting up the cliffs in the spring april/may time....

and possibly getting to the badlands sometime this summer...

but thanks for the invite!! i havent seen very many xj's down there just me and my buddy when ever we go.... but hopefully we can plan something sometime and then there will be 5!

Dude, please tell me your kiding, right? Insurance is required at most parks, liability at a minimum. I believe that it is a NAXJA requirement that at sanctioned NAXJA events that you have to carry some sort of insurance. So please keep that in mind if your planning on attending Winterfest. :cheers:

#4 states that it is expected, but it is up to you to see to it that your insured. just watching out for ya (and others) man, I am not trying to be a azzhat or anything of that nature :D

Per :NAXJA: Bylaws:

Section 3: Required Equipment for Event Participation
  1. :NAXJA: VERY HIGHLY recommends that all event participants have a CB Radio.
  2. :NAXJA: requires all listed items to be present, and available for use, for a vehicle to be permitted to participate in a event. Participants are expected to stow equipment and all other items within their vehicle in a safe manner, conscious of the effects of OHV use and possible shifting of items.
  3. :NAXJA: Safety Inspectors will use this list for safety inspections prior to any event. The Safety Inspector has final say in approval or rejection of any vehicle for event participation and may at anytime defer to a second event or club officer for additional ruling.
  4. :NAXJA: expects each event participant to carry insurance and registration sufficient to meet the legal requirements of their vehicle state of residence and for the roads and trails traveled for the event. :NAXJA: is not responsible for assuring an entrant's vehicle is legal for the roads and trails traveled in the event.

if i didnt explain there earlier... ill tell ya now...

i work 2 jobs about 35 hours aweek and am a full time college student...

my xj is my secondary "car" and isnt my dd....

when i say upgrading this stuff it will take me a few months... until april/may maybe even june to finish that small list

i wont even drive it on the street for that period of time..

so at 175 bucks a month im going to save some cash

aka im not going wheeling/driving it in the next couple of months cuz i got stuff going on so im going to save some cash..

ahh, gotcha man. fully understandable. Like I said, I was not rying to bust your chops, just keeping an eye out for a newbie. carry on :thumbup:

#4 states that it is expected, but it is up to you to see to it that your insured. just watching out for ya (and others) man, I am not trying to be a azzhat or anything of that nature :D

Per :NAXJA: Bylaws:

Section 3: Required Equipment for Event Participation
  1. :NAXJA: VERY HIGHLY recommends that all event participants have a CB Radio.
  2. :NAXJA: requires all listed items to be present, and available for use, for a vehicle to be permitted to participate in a event. Participants are expected to stow equipment and all other items within their vehicle in a safe manner, conscious of the effects of OHV use and possible shifting of items.
  3. :NAXJA: Safety Inspectors will use this list for safety inspections prior to any event. The Safety Inspector has final say in approval or rejection of any vehicle for event participation and may at anytime defer to a second event or club officer for additional ruling.
  4. :NAXJA: expects each event participant to carry insurance and registration sufficient to meet the legal requirements of their vehicle state of residence and for the roads and trails traveled for the event. :NAXJA: is not responsible for assuring an entrant's vehicle is legal for the roads and trails traveled in the event.

dude relax im not stating im going to bend or not go by the rules... ill follow all safety precautions as necessary... i dont want anyone to get hurt or myself.. i understand why there is rules and follow them....

cool understand totally to many young people like myself who are dumb arze inurgant... sob's.. etc...

so i understand the concern...

right on man, lookin forward to wheeling with ya. :cheers:

hey guys just curious what my rig might be worth... now i know you sob's in the midwest are well.... full of bacon and cheese... but lets give me a real estimate what would be a good asking price...

pretty much looks like it does on the first page...

except that i have added a front reciever in the jcr bumper...
got a smitty built 8000 pound winch... and cradle... with quick electrical disconnects...

i have repainted the front bumper... herculinered the gas skid..
put a new front grill 97+ style... new style mirrors... so here is the break down...

1993 cherokee sport
red
180k+ prob around 250k....
4.5 rubicon express lift (over 4 years old..)
on board air
new battery
new plugs and wires
new cap and rotor
safari snorkel setup...
97+ front grill
97+ fenders
dana 30
dana 44 with powertrax lunch box locker
new diff lube..
(6) 33" bfg km1 mud terrian with about 25% left on each (spares really)
(1) 33" all terrian spare with 75% left on each
(1) 33" bfg km1 mud terrian with 75% left on each
(4) 33" x 13.5 ltb swampers with 80% + tread left but on toyota rims...
(4) d window black rims (on the spares)
(4) nice alum. rims (on bfg km1's..)
top light bar with rectangular lights

assuming it all goes in one package... winch, swampers, extra tires....etc price???

Thanks!! Ben

no one cares to throw me a ball park idea?? :looney: just mulling over whether or not to keep it..

sort of rethinking the idea of driving to the offroad park then maybe driving it home if i dont break anything.... sort of doesn't make sense.... maybe ill just keep it and tow a atv to the park instead... lol instead of keeping it i am thinking about getting a truck and atv combo to fill my want of offroading and hauling stuff....

Recent pics might help.

mac 'unless they are blocked and I can't see them' gyvr

thanks!

kinda figured it would be worth around that range....

i prob just keep her.... just lately i cant get over the what if i break down mentality.... like if i break down on the trails... then what?? i dont have a way to get home...

this is due to the fact that the rig has 240k+...

ill prob. just keep it and just wheel every once in a while with friends that will atleast give me a ride home if necessary....

and i have a trailer that i can haul things in.... mowers/atv's etc..

Thanks Rev..

Recent pics might help.

mac 'unless they are blocked and I can't see them' gyvr

ya i will have to get one that one... currently its a couple diff. colors due to some cancer saving procedures... pink/gray primer/black/ and red lol....

think im going to do a two tone color scheme and fix the corner rust spots etc..

tomkin gas tank skid is off currently because of a brand new gas tank install and i wanted to grind off all the rust and herculiner it...

Thanks Guys!!

how does someone get over that feeling that your rig can leave you stranded feelinG?? (with out sticking alot into it $$ wise)...

i have done all the reg. maintenance stuff... fluids,check for wear etc..
new battery, new gas tank,adjusted my steering... new gas tank

how does someone get over that feeling that your rig can leave you stranded feelinG?? (with out sticking alot into it $$ wise)...

Buy a tow rig and trailer...

mac 'that's not putting money INTO the rig' gyvr

Well i drive mine to and from the trails, i know the badlands has a shop so if i break something that me or who ever im with cant fix then i will have to pay for it to get done.

other than that know you limits!!!

Back