• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight Upgrades.

Pulled this info off the headlights of my new (to me) XJ here in Germany. Anyone know what they are? Tried Google but got a bunch of junk links.
Phillips H4 12342 premium 12v60/55w E1 2c3 U c905 Germany
On the lens is
SAE HR 01DOT WFD60586C HB2
Good or bad?
Also, tried to search for the Eauto wiring upgrade and got nada. Used the part number located here but found nothing?

No help on the lights but the wiring upgrade or headlight harness is actually very simple to build yourself if you can't find it in a premade plug and play version. If you can wire up a set of aftermarket driving lights or fog lights you can build a headlight harness. It is basically just two driving/fog light harness's together one driving the low beams one driving the high beam lights, and controlled using the factory wiring to trigger the relays

My DOT approved bi-xenons ran me $650 7 years ago... best damn upgrade next to my brakes. Those LED headlights look very cool, but they're definitely too rich for my blood.

I still want to see some wall shots however :D

Pulled this info off the headlights of my new (to me) XJ here in Germany. Anyone know what they are? Tried Google but got a bunch of junk links.
Phillips H4 12342 premium 12v60/55w E1 2c3 U c905 Germany
On the lens is
SAE HR 01DOT WFD60586C HB2
Good or bad?
Also, tried to search for the Eauto wiring upgrade and got nada. Used the part number located here but found nothing?

HB2 is probably a standard sealed beam... philips is prob good quality but good H4s will be better. Harness upgrade still best bang for buck.

Well, lets see here... I paid $2500 for the entire Heep around three years ago. So....... add in a 48% of initial cost for a pair of headlights. Sure, right. Well, OK, maybe not.

If you drive at night good lights are worth it. Maybe not $1200 but i have no problem spending $4-500 on e-codes and harness for a beater car if i am really going to drive it.

I thought the Putco harness was using 16 or 18 AWG wires though? If you're a real back country road warrior you're going to want 14 AWG minimum and overwatt H4s. I don't regret my upgrade one bit after having to make a speed run to PA in awful weather for my grandmother's funeral. That said I still need fog lights - really could have used them coming back from funeral as it was snowing hard and even low beams were causing lots of dazzle off the flakes. I got some stock ones and a harness coming for those as well but I'm thinking that that area probably could use an upgrade as well. But if you're like me and generally if you're out and about in bad weather it's because you *need* to be somewhere, you don't want to have to slow down not because your vehicle isn't capable or you don't have the skill to handle it but because your headlights suck... that's just aggravating, and also causes stress and sleep deprivation.

Back