• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HD 231 Shift Linkage (Auto Trans) from Boostwerks!

Just got mine in the mail. One hour install because i was moving slowly and playing around. First time in 10 months i can put the Jeep in 4 Low! Great product, super easy install! Well done!

I installed it this morning.. so now when I drive down the road at 10mph and shift into 4hi I get a grind before engagement.. never did that before. I do have my front driveshaft out if that makes any difference.

I installed it this morning.. so now when I drive down the road at 10mph and shift into 4hi I get a grind before engagement.. never did that before. I do have my front driveshaft out if that makes any difference.

Your driveshaft is the synchronizer that allows you to shift into 4 hi at speed. So without it you'll get a grind if you shift at speed because the front output isn't moving with no front driveshaft installed.

Your driveshaft is the synchronizer that allows you to shift into 4 hi at speed. So without it you'll get a grind if you shift at speed because the front output isn't moving with no front driveshaft installed.

Ah ok. Good to know. Even in N while rolling down the road I was getting a grind going into 4hi. Of course there is no grind at all at a dead stop in D or N.

So with my front DS installed, it will allow the engagement of 4hi to synchronize without any grinds at speed? That's the way I remember it working.

I just ordered the kit but after reading through all this I noticed that you mentioned if I have a TC drop, I will need the 242 kit... what is the status on that kit? I'm debating whether I should cancel my order and wait for that one or just give the 231 kit a try.

Can you put in whatever extra piece I will need with the 231 package by any chance?

Yep, if you're moving in N the rear output is still turning so engaging 4hi still grinds against the non-moving front output. Put the front driveshaft back in and it'll be back to the way you remember.

I just ordered the kit but after reading through all this I noticed that you mentioned if I have a TC drop, I will need the 242 kit... what is the status on that kit? I'm debating whether I should cancel my order and wait for that one or just give the 231 kit a try.

Can you put in whatever extra piece I will need with the 231 package by any chance?

PM sent. Thanks Ryan!

Should I be shooting for level alignment when the Shift lever tab straight down and TC shift arm straight up. I didnt read through the thread and forgot to mention my TC drop. :(

242 kit available? I still have my 231 in currently, but would like to use this when I swap in my 242 with Hnt. And, what's the price?

Back