• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HD 231 Shift Linkage (Auto Trans) from Boostwerks!

Re: HD 231 TC shift linkage from Boostwerks!

I took some pics ill post here....wow what an adventure this one was..I do like it better without the z gate.....it was sorta jeeps way of child proofing a mans vehicle....lmao

Mine works Great and was very easy to install!

but since the throw is shortened it sits in 4hi even though its in 2hi.
(If you look closely in the above pic you can see where I cut of the z gate tab)

I have an idea:
before you release anything else jeep related make sure
A.That its tested
B.That it fits the vehicles you say it does.
C.That you have instructions for the parts that you are selling ppl
D.That you are not relying on customers to be guinea pigs for proper fitment!

unbelievable....
this has been a total waste of time on my part its going in the trash and novak is getting a call....Atleast they have done the legwork on their products and include instructions before releasing stuff

Dude. You had the tab installed wrong! No need to freak out especially for the price of free.

It was tested. It just happens that the manual rig that it was tested on had an aftermarket crossmember so it worked fine. Since sending out the additional hardware to those with the manual trans, you are the only one to have a problem.

How about sending me a PM with your questions instead of making useless blatant comments that simply clutter up my thread? After all, I do not yet sell the manual kit and will not do so until I have instructions ready. I'm currently waiting on a moderator to change the first post of this thread.

but since the throw is shortened it sits in 4hi even though its in 2hi.
(If you look closely in the above pic you can see where I cut of the z gate tab)

Try moving the linkage to the upper hole on the TC shift tab. The same adjustment procedure is required with the Novak kit BTW ;)

Last edited:

Well if I had proper instructions I would have known that....once again left up to the end user to figure out all the details....
you're the one making yourself look bad here not me.

Btw im the one that notified you that the geometry was off (once again I was the guinea pig for refinement of YOUR product that YOU marketed as plug and play) and you released the proper drop tab for manual trans guys like me.

So again Im not justified for being sore and giving honest opinions here?

Last edited:

Further more I dont care if you refunded my money and I got this pos for free.
If you want to be technical about it all the trial and error I did on myend and countless hours spent testing and giving you feed back on how to get this to work on a 5 speed I should be sending YOU a bill!!!

:soapbox:
I pitty the next guy that gets a new product from your company and has to do the R&R to get it to work so YOUR company can profit

LATER
I have better things to do with my time then waste anymore of it arguing with you.

once again left up to the end user to figure out all the details....

In my experience, this describes the automotive aftermarket. Just in general terms when you make custom cars, you make custom problems. Not to break balls but if you can't or don't want to roll with it, go with OEM replacement parts and drive something that already does what you want.

Bryson, as far as I can tell, may have overlooked a couple things at launch - but he's done more to make things right than any vendor I've ever had an issue with. You can do what you want but me, I'd look at like "Well, I wish this was done with but at least the guy is walking me through it and sending free stuff to make it happen". Y'know, as opposed to the usual "get bent" that I've experienced from parts vendors.

Further more I dont care if you refunded my money and I got this pos for free.
If you want to be technical about it all the trial and error I did on myend and countless hours spent testing and giving you feed back on how to get this to work on a 5 speed I should be sending YOU a bill!!!

:soapbox:
I pitty the next guy that gets a new product from your company and has to do the R&R to get it to work so YOUR company can profit

LATER
I have better things to do with my time then waste anymore of it arguing with you.

You're a dbag.

In my experience, this describes the automotive aftermarket. Just in general terms when you make custom cars, you make custom problems. Not to break balls but if you can't or don't want to roll with it, go with OEM replacement parts and drive something that already does what you want.

Bryson, as far as I can tell, may have overlooked a couple things at launch - but he's done more to make things right than any vendor I've ever had an issue with. You can do what you want but me, I'd look at like "Well, I wish this was done with but at least the guy is walking me through it and sending free stuff to make it happen". Y'know, as opposed to the usual "get bent" that I've experienced from parts vendors.

Yea, most manufacturers will give you no support. I've followed this thread, and he's been supportive and trying to help.

HD 231 TC shift linkage from Boostwerks!

you're the one making yourself look bad here not me.

Umm lol ya no you're making yourself look bad, you're making yourself look like a child having a tantrum. Pull the tampon out and act as a adult. Boostwerks has done nothing but be as helpful as can be, and you're gonna complain about a free product?!?! Pathetic

wellbye_zpsda226d01.jpg

well hurry up I need to spend money on my jeep !

Well I am getting ready to do another 2x4 to 4x4 conversion and decided like with most parts I am installing to upgrade the shift linkage, just ordered mine today and looking forward to installing it (as soon as I get a shifter from the junkyard and the transmssion/transfer case mounted up... LOL)

Bryan

Ordered a kit couple weeks ago.
Just installed this past weekend, troublefree installation.
Now I enjoy positive, smooth tcase gears shifts...

A very cost effective solution so far.

Will test the mechanism next weekend in the trails...will find out if flexing/twisting my junk may impact performance...

Last edited:
Back