• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HD 231 Shift Linkage (Auto Trans) from Boostwerks!

Re: HD 231 TC shift linkage from Boostwerks!

Any word on if you plan to make a kit for np242 equipped grand cherokees?
I just picked up a 97 GC with 242 and already hate the shift linkage...
still waiting on the console shifter shift tab for my manual trans xj....would really like to be able to shift in (and out) of 4lo again soon boostwerks.

Last edited:

Any word on if you plan to make a kit for np242 equipped grand cherokees?
I just picked up a 97 GC with 242 and already hate the shift linkage...
still waiting on the console shifter shift tab for my manual trans xj....would really like to be able to shift in (and out) of 4lo again soon boostwerks.

We currently have one in testing. :thumbup:

Also your tab is on the way. You should have received a shipping update. If not here's the USPS tracking #:

Any word on the ax15/np231 combo? Im gonna be changing out m/t's this weekend, and would love to throw one of these on...

Just purchased. Thanks for making this setup for our XJs. An affordable solution that leaves the stock shifter (which I wanted). I look forward to installing this and hope it resolves what I think is a bent stock t-case linkage (see issue here: http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1114078).

Easy install. Simple yet way more functional than stock. Thank you again for offering this! Did not need to do any customization nor did I need to remove the front DS - although that would have made the install faster. :cheers:

Easy install. Simple yet way more functional than stock. Thank you again for offering this! Did not need to do any customization nor did I need to remove the front DS - although that would have made the install faster. :cheers:

Glad to hear! :cheers:

Whats the 242 situation? I've been checking back for awhile now hoping to see a 242 version out.

No its not an emergency thing. Just a thing a friend and I need lol.

I have kits available and ready. I just need to get them up on the website is all.

You can PM me if you need one asap!

Thanks!

I need one right NOW!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding.

I would like a 242 one as well though.

I got the shifter tab mounted and after all the trouble I had with this setup now the throw is too short it barely goes into 4lo....glad I didnt pay for it.

Has anyone with a 5 speed had success with this kit at all?

I got the shifter tab mounted and after all the trouble I had with this setup now the throw is too short it barely goes into 4lo....glad I didnt pay for it.

Has anyone with a 5 speed had success with this kit at all?

How do you have the tab mounted? It sounds like you simply bolted the tab onto the TC tab instead of the shift lever?

To install, you'll need to start by removing the shifter to drill the additional hole needed to bolt on the tab...

Bolt the tab on as shown:

Stick it in the vise:

Drill the additional 3/8" hole:

Add the last bolt and reinstall. There are 3 different ways to bolt on the tab if drilled as shown allowing for 3 different lengths of throw. What works best may depend on your setup and preferences.

We're still working on instructions, but should have them soon. :thumbup:

I have an idea:
before you release anything else jeep related make sure
A.That its tested
B.That it fits the vehicles you say it does.
C.That you have instructions for the parts that you are selling ppl
D.That you are not relying on customers to be guinea pigs for proper fitment!

unbelievable....
this has been a total waste of time on my part its going in the trash and novak is getting a call....Atleast they have done the legwork on their products and include instructions before releasing stuff

If you still have it, I'll pay for shipping if you send it to me.

I have an idea:
before you release anything else jeep related make sure
A.That its tested
B.That it fits the vehicles you say it does.
C.That you have instructions for the parts that you are selling ppl
D.That you are not relying on customers to be guinea pigs for proper fitment!

unbelievable....
this has been a total waste of time on my part its going in the trash and novak is getting a call....Atleast they have done the legwork on their products and include instructions before releasing stuff

Ok after hours of messing with this I finally got it to shift fine...
I only had to cut the factory z gate out because with the shorter throw in 2hi after installing the drop tab the shifter sits in 4 hi....I can live with that.

Back