• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harlan Center Rates

David_Bricker

PSR Fire Marshall
NAXJA Member
Harlan Center
Rate Schedule

Single Room Rates: $70.00 per room
· A refundable damage deposit of $50.00 will be charged for the rental of one to four rooms; $100.00 for 5 to 8 rooms.
· Room rate includes room setup only. The Harlan Center does not decorate or perform the cleanup unless arranged ahead of time and there will be a $50-$100 cleanup fee if the Harlan Center does the cleanup.

Upstairs Gallery area: $100.00
· Cold food only

Other Rental Charges:
· Dance floor rental is $50.00 /Smaller dance floor is $35.00 (The Dance floor must have it’s own room)
· Table linen rental is $6.00 each for round tables, $4.00 each for rectangle tables
· Place settings are $3.00 per person
· Portable drink station rental is $25.00
· Large stage rental is $50.00, small stage is $35.00
· Microphones and podium may be used at no charge.
· A TV and projector may also be rented for a fee of $5.00 each.
· Kitchen fee is $60.00 and includes the use of everything in the kitchen with the exception of the place settings. Includes coffee if desired. Only events with a caterer chosen from the Harlan Center approved caterer list will be permitted to use the kitchen.
· For every extra half hour that an event exceeds the agreed departure time, an additional $35 will be charged.
· Certain events will require security hired and paid for separately by the client. This will be determined by the Harlan Center depending on the type of event.
· RV Sites are $20.00 per day or $100.00 per week

David Bricker / SYR

What do we need to decided so that we can get this place on reserve?

mac 'don't want another moab' gyvr

If this needs to come from SEC funds, just tell me who to contact and i'll get it done.

As discussed here:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1106684

We should get four rooms.

Tim, if you can can coordinate with David and one of the two of you make sure its reserved using whichever funds are convenient.

mac 'get er reserved in writing' gyvr

David and I spoke on the phone this evening, he will take care of the reservations in about a week upon return from a business trip.

Looking like we're going to go for the Economy Package, but see what are options are to tweak that a bit (add/remove items) once we have a more solid head count in the coming months.

Hey guys I am now living about 3 hrs from Harlan, so if we need to sign in person I can make a trip with some notice.

Since David is away on business with limited internet and no phone, he has asked that I take care of the reservation.

Are we all on board for going with the Economy package and seeing what the options are to tweak it a little down the road as we get a better idea of a head count?

We need to make sure we are reserved asap.

mac 'don't need another Moab' gyvr

Ok. I will call during lunch tomorrow and get us set up.

I may see if they'll use the chapter card to hold it for the time being, then have David get in touch with them when he returns to transfer it to the national card.

If you set it up and give me the number I have a national card too.

mac 'part time 7-3 tomorrow' gyvr

Called today and spoke with a Leslie, as Amanda is on vacation this week.

Amanda already had us booked for that evening, and I had Leslie put us down for the Economy package. We can add/remove items from the package (i.e. dance floor). With the package, they have us down for place settings, silverware...etc. As for cleaning costs, Leslie suggested checking with the caterer we choose first, as some of them offer cleaning services and she thought that Norma did as well. If it turns out we need the center to take care of it, we need to give atleast two weeks notice so they can get a crew lined up for it, and there would of course be an extra charge in the package.

No deposit was put down today. Leslie suggested we call back on Monday when Amanda would be back from vacation so she could tell us if a partial deposit would be necessary and/or mail us an invoice.

David or Mac, if either of you can't do that on Monday then let me know and I can.

I will watch this thread to see if it needs to be me.

If it does, can you put the phone number you are reaching them at in here?

mac 'good to be on the calendar...but a deposit is better' gyvr

I can do this next Tuesday, the 2nd of April. I won't get into civilization on Monday until about 6:00pm Pacific time. But I should be home after a red eye flight by 10:00am eastern.

David Bricker / SYR - PSR

That will work too. Leslie said any day beginning on Monday we should be able to get in touch with Amanda.

Back