• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Halloween Run

dabeersboys

NAXJA Forum User
Jragan and I were talking today and we had an Idea for a Halloween Run.
Still need to firm a few things up but the plan would be:
Date: Sunday October 28
Trail: China Wall
We also thought it would be fun to dress up in costumes and maybe bring a bag of candy to hand out to the kids.
We want to make this a family thing!
Whos all is intrested?
:skull2: -Matt

My kids would like it. Make it happen it. It would be a good warmup for the November to remember.

were are you guys meeting look for me i am down

000_0007-1.jpg

Stumpalump and Babyback You guys still down? It looks like if you go, that will be 4 confirmed, and thn I have a possible newer stock tacoma, 98 ZJ stock, may be a decent ly built XJ, and a stock XJ.
but none of those are confirmed, and some i feel unlikely. Any one else in?
-Matt

I'm thinking about it. I seem to be done with working on Jeeps, for the moment.

Fred

What is China Wall rated? Will my stock XJ make it? If so, I'm totally down.

dabeersboys said:
Stumpalump and Babyback You guys still down? It looks like if you go, that will be 4 confirmed, and thn I have a possible newer stock tacoma, 98 ZJ stock, may be a decent ly built XJ, and a stock XJ.
but none of those are confirmed, and some i feel unlikely. Any one else in?
-Matt
Yep!

Like, how stock would be able to make this? I am 2wd on the 2.5L, but am in interested in going out and seeing what other ppl have.

patrickdlewis said:
Like, how stock would be able to make this? I am 2wd on the 2.5L, but am in interested in going out and seeing what other ppl have.
4 wheeling is like smokin crack. One trip and your hooked. I think you would have blast and then spend a lot in the next year on a 4wd xj. You can at least run around the first mile and maybe stop at the staging area. I say common down! The CORE off road park has a 10 mile loop for Jeepspeed and 2wd buggy stuff you may like to try after you see what it's all about.

patrickdlewis said:

JohnJohn made it up this trail and back in the stock Comamander without any issues... It really is a piece of cake. NOTHING tough about this trail at all. You can easily make this trail in a 2wd/2.5L and no lift. All "obstacles" have bypasses.

If you're coming from the north, the "paved" road coming down from Jefferson is harder on your rig than the trail is. Not kidding. Great views though! A bunch of us camped back there a few weeks ago.

Well I look forward to joining ya'll if i get my clutch parts in. (Dealer order the right side driver side for the clutch hydrolics on a left hand drive jeep ?(&*$#@ parts guy. Anyways, still waiting on parts for week #3 at this point.

Sorry, I have to back out. #1 project of the year for the company I work for is running into issue and they are staffing people all weekend to work on it. Luckly for me it is on my servers and I am just on call. Still sucks!

Sorry Guys I have to bail out now too. Last Saturday my brother borrowed my cr for home coming and blew up the pinon yoke. Tried putting one on and come to fund out some of the pinon threads can slightly different from each other and lets just say now I have to do an axle swap with no time between now and then.
I'm really sorry that I made this such a big deal about this trip and now I hve to bail, But you all know as well as I... Its a jeep.
-Matt

formatt said:
JohnJohn made it up this trail and back in the stock Comamander without any issues... It really is a piece of cake. NOTHING tough about this trail at all. You can easily make this trail in a 2wd/2.5L and no lift. All "obstacles" have bypasses.

If you're coming from the north, the "paved" road coming down from Jefferson is harder on your rig than the trail is. Not kidding. Great views though! A bunch of us camped back there a few weeks ago.

[/URL]

camp you say? where abouts?

Back