• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gun review for concealed carry

eflores

NAXJA Forum User
I don't have any experience with that pistol, or Keltec's. However a buddy of mine owned one for awhile, and had nothing bud good things to say about it. Said it was a great shooter, but in the end, he never found himself in a situation CCW wise, that he needed anything smaller than a G26, so he sold the Keltec. Second hand info, so take it for what its worth.

ok so while were talking about this what does every one feel is a good caliber for a CCW (lightweight) pistol

I bought a Taurus Millennium 40 cal for concealed carry and found it too big for my taste and it's pretty compact. My co workers recommended the Kel-tec 380 which fits nicely in a front or back pocket. Should be more comfortable and accessible. blaise

b_4ee5683034f87e0f9f78b8a066924d5bP3AT_4818.jpg

Weight unloaded: 8.3 oz.
Loaded magazine: 2.8 oz.

I carry a full size S&W .40, I'd like a subcompact but this one works. I carry it all day everyday. although sometimes I only load 7 or 8 in the 15 rd mag. Saves alot on weight!
FWIW Personally I'd never buy a .380 cause it's next to impossible to find ammo. My Dad has one and has looked at every store in town and has a hell of a time findin it!

I normal CCW is a glock 27. however have shot and carried my friend PF-9. Make sure you get a newer model. Older Kel-tec's had some jamming and feeding issues. Newer models have take care of that. I have been talking about getting one my self just have not pulled the trigger (no pun intended). They make a carrier for it that when in your rear pocket looks like a wallet. Yes it is that thin.

theres a nice sub compact Kel tec 9mm at Big Jims pawn on Galley and powers for I think 300ish

9mm for me. Its the smallest caliber I feel comfortable carrying, and will be much more controllable in the smaller sized pistols (tho not the case if compared to. 380 and below). I've carried with .45acp, .40s&w, 357sig, and 9mm, bottom line is I shoot 9mm best, so my G19 gets all the carry time.

9mm for me. Its the smallest caliber I feel comfortable carrying, and will be much more controllable in the smaller sized pistols (tho not the case if compared to. 380 and below). I've carried with .45acp, .40s&w, 357sig, and 9mm, bottom line is I shoot 9mm best, so my G19 gets all the carry time.
I agree the compacts in bigger calibers are hard to shoot! And If you can't hit the target who cares how much stoping power it has.

I tuck a Sig Sauer P230 .380 in my ballistic vest as a back up to my Sig 226 duty weapon. I often toss that P230 in my pants pocket for concealed carry when I'm not wearing a cover shirt. If I have cover, I tend to carry my single stack S&W 3913 in a paddle holster. Full frame guns are just to big and uncomfortable for a day's worth of carry.

I shoot very well with the P230, but it is a close range gun......... and my chubby dick-skinners tend to get cut by the slide when I do shoot it, but I figure I can live with a few minor cuts.

i would spend the little bit extra to move up to the glock/xd price range. cant speak for keltec, but dont buy a taurus auto, they are absolute crap, and anyone who tells you otherwise is just plain wrong. you can read about it on any gun forum all day long.

I've got a PF9 and really like it. Never had any problems with jamming or performance. I also wouldn't do anything less than a 9mm. You can get a smaller 380, but in the dead of winter, defending yourself against someone with multiple layers and a heavy jacket... - just taking chances I don't want to take with penetration.

When I was doing research a little over a year ago, the PF9 had the smallest dimensions of ALL the 9mm sub-compacts out there. If you do end up getting anything - shoot it, shoot it, shoot it. Its the only way to get used to the feel and get your accuracy up.

KelTek had some mechanical problems years ago but those are long gone. If you buy new, you shouldn't have any reliability issues.

I agree the compacts in bigger calibers are hard to shoot! And If you can't hit the target who cares how much stoping power it has.

my G30 is spot on, and yeah it "stops" the target.

Back