• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guitars and Cadillacs

It's an epiphone. Epiphones are Gibsons overseas made guitars. They are decent. They did dabble in making strat copies for a while. I don't personally like the looks of that model, but if you do, that's all that matters. As far as the quality, it's gotta be better than the bridgecraft. Whatever you bo, make sure you get to play it before you buy it. I don't know how many times I've seen cool guitars online that ended up feeling like shit in real life.

huh i know the made strat copies but i dont remember the head looking like that.

I think the biggest key is finding a guitar that fits you. I for example, would love a Les Paul, but unless i custom-shop it, and get a diffrent neck, they just don't fit me. I have smaller hands, and the big round necks on things like the les pauls don't work well for me. I would go to a music store, and mess around with a bunch of diffrent guitars, and see which models fit you ergonomicly. From there you can shop craigslist, and such and find a deal.

And just to show some pictures. :D. Here is my Ibanez.

Guitar1.JPG

okay so i've made my decision.

went to the pawn shop last night to put 25$ on a guitar so they wouldnt sell it.

i owe them 80$ more.

L10704235.jpg

Fender Starcaster, just like this but its black with metal flake and has a dual humbucker setup for the first pickup.

looks pretty good but needs a new pickguard.

when i have the money...

Nice you got a Fender Strat for $105 thats pretty good if its an actual strat not that Squire crap.

its a starcaster, not a real strat nor, its more like a squire...the pickups and controls can be up graded eventually

most bodies are 2 peices and the higher end ones are 1 peice bodies....i like ash bodies

Yeah my Les Paul is from the Gibson Custom Shop its a solid Mahogany Body.

There is no best wood. Everyone has a preference, as they all sound slightly different.

Mahogany capped with Maple is the most common. Mahogany is generally dark sounding, and maple is bright sounding, so you mix the two together and get a pretty even sound.

A lot of lower end guitars tend to be Basswood. But in reality, especially considering acoustics, name a kind of wood, and there is someone out there that is making a guitar out of it.

Definitely get an amp... then a second job. Guitars are more expensive then Jeeps.

redsand187 said:
There is no best wood. Everyone has a preference, as they all sound slightly different.

Mahogany capped with Maple is the most common. Mahogany is generally dark sounding, and maple is bright sounding, so you mix the two together and get a pretty even sound.

A lot of lower end guitars tend to be Basswood. But in reality, especially considering acoustics, name a kind of wood, and there is someone out there that is making a guitar out of it.

Definitely get an amp... then a second job. Guitars are more expensive then Jeeps.

X2

It's all personal preferance. If you go to that warmoth site that you posted earlier they have a description of all the woods and their tone qualities. To make it more complex, pickups should be selected to complement the tone qualities of the body. For example, basswood as mentioned earlier is lighter in weight and creates lower, muddier tones; the pickups selected for a basswood body should have somewhat high trebble and mid range levels to compensate for the bodies natural bass tone.

The guitar you chose is a good start. It may not be the top of the line, but at least it's a fender. Everything on that guitar can be upgraded down the road (if it's even worth it to you).

Although you can tweak any guitar, my reccomendation for your next guitar is to save up and get the model you want. I'm going through warmoth for my next guitar. That's the best way I've found to get a custom built guitar for a reasonable price.

redsand187 said:
...then a second job. Guitars are more expensive then Jeeps
HAHA funny actually, WAY back in the day my dad traded a CJ-7 for a Gibson FireBird VI, a Les Pual Custom, an ES335, and a Thin Line Les Pual Custom. All Original and Vintage. Yes. They do cost more then Jeeps lol.

well as it turns out the guy with the bridgeport relisted it with a WORKING phone number.

there is currently someone else interested in it but if it falls through i'll be getting it for 30$

Back