• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Great American Jeep Rally Sept 25

Sounds fun. I may go depending on family and work. The drive would be worth it alone. Nothin like cruisin down the streets with 2" of mud stuck to my XJ and seeing the reaction in there faces when they see a chick driving it!!!
Will need directions.

Thanks.

Hmmm..if my Glen trip doesn't pan out I would be interested...

I'll let you know closer to the date.

Matthew

I was planning on it but since my dad is going to New York I have to do all the police tows that weekend. If he ends up staying home, I'll probably be there, but that doesn't look very likely.

XJ Lady said:
Sounds fun. I may go depending on family and work. The drive would be worth it alone. Nothin like cruisin down the streets with 2" of mud stuck to my XJ and seeing the reaction in there faces when they see a chick driving it!!!
Will need directions.

Thanks.
For reference, NYC to New Haven is about 75 miles (from GWB) and should take about an hour and a half. New Haven to Somers is a straight shot up I-91, about 55 miles (the MA border is mile marker 58) and should take about an hour to an hour and a quarter.

i'm going, leaving from granby MA, if anyone want's to meet up, thats cool.

NAXJA had a table last year but I was never able to make my way over to it. :(

I'll be there again this year possibly working the NEJeep RTI ramp for a few hours and maybe the Tread Lightly! table.

It's an awesome event with over 500 Jeeps from all over new england, lots of things to do like the RTI ramp, teeter-totter, rock garden. Raffles and contsets too, and all proceeds are going to the Leary Firefighters Foundation. :sunshine:

I am going. I am only 5 minutes from there if anyone wants to meet at my place. Mack, anyone. I think i will be going with atleast 5 or 6 as of now. And Me and one other are pretty much total buggys, so the drive should be interesting. I think there should be atleast 1 or 2 poeple trailering to my house :laugh3:

thats cool, just tell me where and when.
ipkyss said:
I am going. I am only 5 minutes from there if anyone wants to meet at my place. Mack, anyone. I think i will be going with atleast 5 or 6 as of now. And Me and one other are pretty much total buggys, so the drive should be interesting. I think there should be atleast 1 or 2 poeple trailering to my house :laugh3:

Damn, they keep moving that event farther south each year, I dunno if I will be able to go, I have been able to go for like the past 4 years and it is always a great time. But my XJ has been in and out of service for pretty much the whole summer due to some exotic tranny and computer problems that has been a major headache all damn year. But if it is all fixed by then, or If I can pursuade the misses to go along with me or at least let me take what was supposed to be MY Rubi down there I will gladly go. Any word on a Naxja tent this year? I am always a late riser and by the time I made it down there last year, I guess it had already blown away so i never got to see it. But for everyone that is thinking about going, the proceeds go to a good charity and it is always a fun time. Does anyone know if they are going to do the rock pile/ Jump again?

I'm definitely going. This will be the first year that I can go and actually drive in and not walk. I'm looking forward to the RTI ramp to see what my pig will do.

Grizzley said:
mike (moab-on-the-brain)
-NAC Vice Pres
why the hell is my daily driver taller than my trail rig (again)?
what's YOUR bishop number?

I'm ignoring this you know. . .

:wave:

no you arent.

Moto said:
Does anyone know if they are going to do the rock pile/ Jump again?
I took charge of the rock pile for this year after hearing it was too easy. :dunno: There will be rock coming in from Skyline Quarry to build this year's rock garden. The sponsor, among others, has given permission to pick the rocks out at the quarry that we will be using. Everything from golf ball sized, to the size of a house is available to us. This is my first year coordinating this, but I'm trying to make it challenging, and fun at the same time. We won't know what we have until it's done, but it should be worth the trip. :wave: Bring a spare oil pan and gasket set just in case. :laugh3:

Depending on wether or not i get the rear end fixed on my Jeep ill be down.

okay sounds like a few of us are going to be there... anyone want to get an kinda unoffiical NAXJA thing going.. maybe most of us can meet somewhere and roll in together or something?

Back