• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Great American Jeep Rally Sept 25

How many people plan to enter their XJs, as opposed to parking on the outside and going in to look at the other Jeeps?

If there is any follow up to meeting up and going as a group, please post here and coordinate. I hope it works better than last year, when we established a time and place to meet, I was at the appointed meeting place at the appointed time ... and became a caravan of one Jeep going to the event.

i should know by tommorow eveniing if ill be down there, and i will be entering my XJ if i go.

yeah i hope you are all planning to enter your rigs. the only way to guarantee you can park together is if you show up together.

Eagle said:
How many people plan to enter their XJs, as opposed to parking on the outside and going in to look at the other Jeeps?
All Jeeps are encouraged to join the show at the fairgrounds. It doesn't have to be a show jeep, or a crazy rock crawler. This is a gathering of Jeeps, and their owners that "get the jeep thing". :wave:
From stockers, to competition rigs are welcome, and all the proceeds go to two great chartiable causes.
There will be three food trucks on site to make sure you're not away from the action for too long.
Menu as follows….

Pulled pork sandwich
Chili Bowl and Chili dogs
Burritos
Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
Fresh cut Curly fries
Baked Potato with all the fixings
Sausage Subs
BBQ Chicken
Philly Steak Sandwiches
Hot Dogs and Burgers
Kettle Corn
Homemade Cookies (Big plate size ones)
If it's turns out to be a very warm day - "Ice cream"
And… an Express Drink Only line (by popular demand).

The trucks will serve Coffee and Breakfast Sandwiches for those that arrive early.

Hope to see a lot of XJ's there. :wave1:

sidriptide said:
yeah i hope you are all planning to enter your rigs. the only way to guarantee you can park together is if you show up together.
are you going?

Okay I really think we should try and get something together for this.

How's everybody feal about meeting at the Enfield Mall right off of 91 and heading to Somers, CT as a group. There's a big parking lot there and it shouldn't be a problem. The entry fee is 10 bucks per vehicle but it goes to a good charity and like sidriptide said it ensures we can attend as a group.

How's a 9AM meeting time with a 9:30AM departure to the Fairgrounds sounds to everyone. Please post if you are going to attend with us. I would like to get as big as a NAXJA group as we can.

I'm there...

I'll probably get there a little early...unless there is another fantasy football draft the night before :)

Matthew

enfield mall is I-91 Ct exit# 48. 5 mins from the Ma border. east off the exit(you figure that out by which way you were traveling) and the mall is on the right just past a Wendy's.

i am not able to go this year. i promised my kids a non-jeepin camping trip out in berkshire county.

sidriptide said:

i am not able to go this year. i promised my kids a non-jeepin camping trip out in berkshire county.

That sucks but hope you have a good time... see you at the fall foliage run.

thanks for posting directions by the way

i'll be there, see ya'll bright and early!!:laugh3:

Moto said:
Any word on a Naxja tent this year?

sidriptide said:
no NAXJA booth this year.

Hi guys... We liked having the NAXJA tent at the event last year but had no request from NAXJA for this year :(

It's a little late to add one at this point but if your interested in having one next year, please make sure to let me know ahead of time and I'll make sure to hold a spot for you..

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!!

Marty

ClassicXJ said:
Okay I really think we should try and get something together for this.

How's everybody feal about meeting at the Enfield Mall right off of 91 and heading to Somers, CT as a group. There's a big parking lot there and it shouldn't be a problem. The entry fee is 10 bucks per vehicle but it goes to a good charity and like sidriptide said it ensures we can attend as a group.

How's a 9AM meeting time with a 9:30AM departure to the Fairgrounds sounds to everyone. Please post if you are going to attend with us. I would like to get as big as a NAXJA group as we can.

Sounds like a plan. My family and I will be there by 9am unless downpours are predicted for that day. - Nate

well, For anyone comming from the MA side of Things. I am having some poeple meet at my house. I am right in Hampden, MA I am pushing my luck just driving to there from my house, so meeting at the mall is out for me.

ipkyss said:
well, For anyone comming from the MA side of Things. I am having some poeple meet at my house. I am right in Hampden, MA I am pushing my luck just driving to there from my house, so meeting at the mall is out for me.

wheres your sense of adventure sean? i almost think it looks lower than it did the last time i saw it. but the doorless and roofless thing does grab attnetion

NHextremeXJ said:
Sounds like a plan. My family and I will be there by 9am unless downpours are predicted for that day. - Nate
So, like ... if the forecast calls for downpours you'll be there when? 8:45? :kissyou:

If my calculations serve me correct weel have a train of about 10 XJ's.

If its not the doorless, roofless, flareless, 37" tires, or 10" lift. It will be the body roll going around the corner from coils on 4 corners and really soft shocks. I might just have to strap down the suspension for the ride there...

Back