• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GPNF SE1 Hypothermia Run: 2/5 - 2/6

I have to back out of this run. I have a family member in the hospital with a brain aneurysm.
sorry to hear, my friends mom had that happen this summer. i hope they got to it early!

I paid a guy to setup gears, he has been doing it for 40 years. He messed them up......... don't think he is going to be willing to give me my money back either. Well see what happens. I hope it gets figured out before this trip comes and goes.

again? lame dude.
pm me if you want someone other then him to do it.

hes in Portland, cheaper then anybody i could find when i did mine. i broke in my gears on the way to NWfest no issues (he does it for work).

sorry to hear, my friends mom had that happen this summer. i hope they got to it early!

again? lame dude.
pm me if you want someone other then him to do it.

hes in Portland, cheaper then anybody i could find when i did mine. i broke in my gears on the way to NWfest no issues (he does it for work).
The guy who normally sets up my gears is awesome, thought I would go somewhere else to save $50 a axle and ended up getting screwed. KnA Offroad will take care of me and I know I can trust his work everytime. He is a perfectionist! Thanks though

The guy who normally sets up my gears is awesome, thought I would go somewhere else to save $50 a axle and ended up getting screwed. KnA Offroad will take care of me and I know I can trust his work everytime. He is a perfectionist! Thanks though

I read your last post, and I didn't think Darrell would do that to you.

I know he'll fix it right for you though. I went through the same thing a few years ago. It sucks having to do gears twice because of someone elses fault!

Back on topic though, I really hope we get some snow in the next few weeks. This 50 degree weather isn't very promising.

I read your last post, and I didn't think Darrell would do that to you.

I know he'll fix it right for you though. I went through the same thing a few years ago. It sucks having to do gears twice because of someone elses fault!

Back on topic though, I really hope we get some snow in the next few weeks. This 50 degree weather isn't very promising.
Yeah I really hope we get some more snow, been a pretty lame season so far! It seems as though spring is on its way sooner than expected. By the way Dustin, Daryl didn't mess up my gears, I am taking the axle to him to have them fixed.

Any updates on this yet Dustin I'm gettting excited.

We need a lot of snow. :tear:

Either way though this is going to happen, rain or shine. I'll be looking to head out and do a bit of a pre run either next weekend, or next week sometime to get a feel for conditions. If the conditions aren't the best, that's just an excuse to do this again later on after some more snow fall.

Looks like we have around 10 rigs interested in going, which should make for a good group.

the GF and I are intrested in going also but her going depends on what the doctor sais she can do. I also have a buddy that has an xj and wants to go also.If I do go I only have FS Chevy on locked tons w 37"s. but if the GF goes we will bring her xj.

the GF and I are intrested in going also but her going depends on what the doctor sais she can do. I also have a buddy that has an xj and wants to go also.If I do go I only have FS Chevy on locked tons w 37"s. but if the GF goes we will bring her xj.

Aww. no more FJ curtis? it would be a blast having you guies along :guitar:

I wish I still havnt fixed it from last year when I broke the spring.I have been working on the big truck and been trying to piece together 3 xj into two.but know I have 2 non useable xj and one to build on. so 3 total and the GF so 4 at my house. I am shooting for having 1 running by june. and keep the beast running for 4wheeling.

Aww. no more FJ curtis? it would be a blast having you guies along :guitar:

Thanks, Yah they got to it early. The bleeding has stoped. She out of the woods on that one but is having some other problems but doing better.

BTW I hope you and your girl friend are doing good. Hope all has worked out with the hit and run deal.

Still cant make the run due to not having anyone to watch my daughter. Every one have fun and get tons of pics. Sucks theres no snow and its gonna be in the low 50's all week. Its like winter is over and spring is on its way.

Name of this run should be changed to the wet and warm run. lol

well they did forecast the "worst winter in years"... we all just expected a different kind of "worst".

this winter sucks at snow.

does anyone have a snow dance that works!!!! if so please share so we can all do help out lol!

No Dance but I'll sacrifice a cow tomorrow :worship:

CONDITION UPDATE:

I'm not going to lie, the conditions aren't the greatest, In fact they are quite lousy.

At the proposed camping location there's maybe two feet of snow at most on the ground, with patches of gravel exposed in places. Definitely not igloo building conditions.

At the top of the 53rd (3500') there was a decent amount of snow, and a large area we could use to camp. It would be more exposed to the elements, but there would be more snow under us.

The snow is extremely wet and heavy (think shaved ice). It seemed to pack okay. As always low tire pressure and slow speed was the key. We were able to break trail over the 53 in a decent amount of time. This could be the route we take, and since tracks have been laid it should make it a bit easier for a big group. The challenge will be navigating the snow drifts, and keeping everyone on the road. I found myself creeping toward the edge multiple times.

If we choose to stick to the plan and go ahead with this here's what we can do. W can meet in the morning, evaluate the groups experience/capability and decide on a route. We should be able to make it to a suitable camp location fairly easy. From camp, there's plenty more roads to explore and play around on during the day/night.

I'm willing to give this a shot if others are. The snow is about as bad as it can get, but I still think it would be fun to head up and camp.

If you don't think this is the run for you, stay tuned for another once we do get some snow (~March). Don't feel like this is the only run of the year.

Let me know what you guys think, and check out my report from today in the trip report section.

Back