• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Government Shut down - Trails Affected?

Too bad they won't be emptying the pooper at my campsite! Hope this doesn't mean my group site reservation is no longer valid... They have $415 of mine!

I reset it before he even knew about it.

mac 'cat like reflexes' gyvr

Sounds like we are still good then. I never even considered the permit for the whole event being in jeopardy. I knew that the blm wouldn't shut trails down.

Looks like we need to find alt trails for Elephant Hill and Shaffer trail.

I remember having to give the BLM a list of trails that we intended to run when I helped with the 2009 fling. Will it cause problems with the BLM if alternative trails are selected that are not on the list?

I remember having to give the BLM a list of trails that we intended to run when I helped with the 2009 fling. Will it cause problems with the BLM if alternative trails are selected that are not on the list?

It shouldn't. As long as the trails are "approved" trails which are basically the EJS trails we should be fine.

Re: Re: Government Shut down - Trails Affected?

Edit*** the Doc beat me to it.

The park rangers :) I heard they still will be patrolling but they are very very short handed.

3qehln.jpg

Re: Re: Government Shut down - Trails Affected?

I read this on the interweb: There are 750 BLM employees in Utah, all but 6 are furlough. I would say this qualifies as short handed!!

As of two months ago they had 3 available to patrol canyonlands and and 2 for the surrounding area. That's about 20 less of they're usual amount. Its not cause of the government shutdown I say they're short handed its because they really are. They may have 750 employees for the state but that don't mean much when many ate office employees ;)

When you say park rangers, this is all I can think about.

day-21-rangers.jpeg

Hope we don't run into those guys they were put on the naughty list haha

The trail I was looking forward to was Elephant Hill. Looks like that is out as I doubt the gang on the hill will settle this stalemate in the next week.

Back