• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got my RE1660 trackbar and bracket today

philip_g

NAXJA Forum User
since this crappy BDS has snapped tie rod ends twice now I guess it's time.

Anyone here have one of these RE's? I need to swap it in the parking lot at work so I want to make sure I have everything I need to get it done if anyone has any tips or anything. Thanks!

PS the reviews are pretty mixed on this bar, I hope it doesn't suck.

Last edited:
You mean this thing? http://yuccaman.com/jeep/re1670.html

Antisieze is a good recommendation...and don't tighten anything down until you've got all the bolts in place. Once you do, you're probably going to have to tighten everything in stages, especially if your frame is at all tweaked from driving a trail more than once.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Yucca-Man said:
You mean this thing? http://yuccaman.com/jeep/re1670.html

Antisieze is a good recommendation...and don't tighten anything down until you've got all the bolts in place. Once you do, you're probably going to have to tighten everything in stages, especially if your frame is at all tweaked from driving a trail more than once.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Nope, this one:

590.jpg

comes with, or requires this bracket:

590.jpg

I run both of the HD trackbar and bracket from RE and love them both. I've yet to have any problems with them and install was easy. I did the bracket first then the track bar.

cool, anything special I should bring? I'm mid project and the tools are scattered so I'm thinking I'll buy a small automotive tool set to leave in the jeep anyway and just do it with that unless I need extra extensions or anything.

I've snapped two of those stupid tie rod ends on the BDS bar, no idea why it keeps eating them but I should have swapped it after the first let go at 75 on I25.

I don't have the cross brace, just the track bar and HD track bar bracket posted above.
Are you saying the one I have is the one that cracked?

Running the same set up. Measure for centering of axle; Take the old off, New Bracket on, Adjust bar adoringly to measurement, and bolt bar in place. Torque bolts down well!! I spent a few xtra bucks and got the bracket reinforcement bar. Not a bad idea for the price but It was a pain adding afterwards, i should have put it all together at once. All in all an easy install, i like it allot, im sure you will too.

I read 'bracket' as 'brace' ...and I'd really recommend the brace. Install it pretty straightforward otherwise.

Jim

I have had mine for two years with no problems. Maybe Frank got a bad one rather than it being a design problem.

WOW I've had mine for 4+ years now and no cracking on the weld or the bend. Thats nuts to hear something like that from RE.

IMHO the RE trackbar is solid. I've had mine on for 4 years, go to Fordyce, Rubicon and all over the Sierra's with no issue. I am running the brace too.

Back