• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good Deal????

stp189

NAXJA Forum User
I just got an interesting phone call from a friend who has a friend who is making his massive wheelys even bigger. He is looking to sell both front and rear D44's that have disc breaks on all 4 ends. The rear D44 has a Detroit locker and the front has an ARB locker. The guy selling them has his own shop and will help with install. He wants $4000. What do you think??? And how hard/easy would the install be on my XJ?

Sounds expensive

I think $4000.00 sounds expensive for used Dana 44's that have probably been used and abused. Also need more information to determine what would be invoved in installing them in your XJ.
Useful info: WMS, Gearing, Lug Pattern, Dif side, Brackets included, Mileage on Axles, Prior tire size, Previous vehicle, High steering, etc...

If they were freshly rebuilt with all new seals and bearings and he installed them for that price, it may not be a bad deal.

stp189 said:
He is looking to sell both front and rear D44's that have disc breaks on all 4 ends. The rear D44 has a Detroit locker and the front has an ARB locker. The guy selling them has his own shop and will help with install. He wants $4000.

So its leaf sprung front?
What gears?
Does it already have high steering?

Even if the guy installs it for free Im not sure $4k is a hoppin deal.

Could you do it your self? if so you could get better for cheeper...

If your gonna pay a shop to do all the work anyways this may be a good deal...

Whats it got?

Back