• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gold Lake camping

XJensen

NAXJA Forum User
Going to Gold Lake with the family next weekend. Might do some wheeling, Snake Lake and/or Gold Valley.

Playing a lot of it by ear, I will have my 2 year old, but if anyone was looking to get out feel free to say hi. Looks like it might rain on Sunday too.

Josh

My dad's there this weekend... was going to go with him but wanted to get some work done on the vehicles. Should be fun, I really like Gold Lake!

Anyone have pics of trails, or even camp sites? whats the fishin like. I dont think i have ever even heard of this lake. Are there other places to go up there also? I google mapped it and it didnt even show a lake.

Here is what I have so far.

link => Lake Basins Rec. Area (AKA Gold Lake)

link => Snake Lake Trail is a great trail with a few difficult sections (click the photos to view an album of the trail from start to finish)
link => Deer Lake Trail is an easy to moderate trail

There are more trails in the area but I have not run them yet. I think the Wells book has one more listed in the immediate area. The Snake Lake photo album has some pics of the Gold Lake 4x4 campground in it.

This really is a great area and I was thinking of holding a NAXJA run out there next summer.

Anyone have pics of trails, or even camp sites? whats the fishin like. I dont think i have ever even heard of this lake. Are there other places to go up there also? I google mapped it and it didnt even show a lake.

Back