• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going on a diet

all of the welding and tubework is done, Now I have to get over there and paint all the tubework so that he can do the final assembly
RB017.JPG

RB018.JPG

Tubework is all painted now, gotta go over and paint the Boatsides to match the body and then it will be ready to come home to finish off a few other things
RB019.JPG

Picking it up this Saturday, then I have to do some things, gotta install the rad fan do the skins a a few other things to it.

went over yesterday and we worked on getting it started, fuel lines were backwards so once we figured that out the battery went dead and the starter would not crank, I will be going back today, we have had it charging all night to see if it was just the battery or the starter went bad, he is gonna call me this morning so I wil know if I need to get a battery or starter before I head over today. Should be bringing it back today.

Fullsizexj said:
O.K. made some progress on the skins, here is another pic for now
It looks like it's missing a big Superman logo on the hood... :laugh3:

Really though, it's looking like it's coming together, what's left? How long before we see some action shots? And any idea what the final weight is yet?

I have to get a fan for the radiator still, eliminate alot of wiring, mount and hook up the winch, reroute the exhaust, wire in the fuel pump hook up the fan for the trans cooler, line-x the floor boards, and a few other odds and ends. Have not weighed it yet but I sure could tell the difference when I towed it home

looks really good. how often do you get to work on it, sorry if i missed it whats your wb?

This last weekend was my first chance to really do anything on it, hurt my back a few weeks ago so I have not been doing a whole lot on it, wheel base is somewhere between 102-103 I think, I did not change any of that from what it was the last time I built it up

Well here is the progress report, been working on all the wireing, what a pain in the butt, I never realized how much wire would end up being useless, I had electric windows, door locks, rear defroster, wiper, washer dome lights seatbelt buzzers and all the other bells and whistles in that dang thing. Hardest part is figuring out which wires went to what and getting rid of the ones I don't need anymore. I have the tailights wired in now with brand new wire from front to rear and all wraped and loomed. I am gonna start on figuring out what the wires that run from the kickpanel to the back of the center console are for and see what I need of that now. Next I have to run wires for the fuel pump, electric fan and trans cooler fan. I think I will do those direct with a switch panel to control them. Next will be under the hood. I still need to get rid of the wiring that went to the factory fog lights and the stuff I had for when it had KC's on it. I have already removed the stereo so I think I will make a switch panel to put in it's place for all the switches to mount on. My list is getting shorter but still a ways to go to get everything the way I want it. I also made the rear half body for it also. Progress has been slow since I screwed up my back a couple months ago. Can only work on it for a little while at a time before it gets too painful.

Back