• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goatfest????

In the six years I've a member of this group, I've never been able to get to Goatfest. I was either unable to get away from work or my rig was out of commission, or both. This year, I was sure I'd be there. But now its not looking too good.

I wont go into details, but I've spent the entire day wrenching on my Jeep and have accomplished absolutely nothing. I'm beyond frustrated. I'm about ready to drive the thing out to the desert and set it on fire. Seriously. It looks as if I'll miss Goatfest again.

No need for the SWR meter afterall, Cal and Scott. Thanks anyway.

I'd let you borrow my XJ, but I know for me the fun is seeing what I can do in my own Jeep. But if you promise to fix any damage, take lots of pictures, and help me with the new front axle, you can use it for goatfest... if I am not going to make it there, at least my Jeep could.

is this going on at the hammers? I'm assuming it is since cracker mentioned a few of the hammer trails. any of you guys ever run bullfrog or cakewalk? they're in the area we locals call cougar buttes, which is about 10 miles west of the hammers on the west edge of Johnson valley off of camp rock rd. they're really fun trails that aren't quite as difficult as the hammer trails. minimal lift, 30"+ tires and open diffs will get you through most of it just fine and there are literally TONS of side obstacles etc. it's my favorite part of JV, lots of prime camp spots too. me and a couple of my buddy's that drive zj's have been talking about going out this weekend and crashing the goatfest party lol

here's a vid of us going wheelin @ the boots, you might want to turn your volume down if you're not a fan of hip-hop music sorry! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D945jXIIlJ8

I'd let you borrow my XJ, but I know for me the fun is seeing what I can do in my own Jeep. But if you promise to fix any damage, take lots of pictures, and help me with the new front axle, you can use it for goatfest... if I am not going to make it there, at least my Jeep could.

This is en exceptionally generous offer, which I truly appreciate. I'm going to decline to take on the responsibility of driving your rig, but I do thank you!

I will be very happy to help you with your axle installation. Just let me know when and where.

In the six years I've a member of this group, I've never been able to get to Goatfest. I was either unable to get away from work or my rig was out of commission, or both. This year, I was sure I'd be there. But now its not looking too good.

I wont go into details, but I've spent the entire day wrenching on my Jeep and have accomplished absolutely nothing. I'm beyond frustrated. I'm about ready to drive the thing out to the desert and set it on fire. Seriously. It looks as if I'll miss Goatfest again.

Answer this friend:

What is it going to take to get you out there? I can run by and wrench on your rig for a couple of hours; or pack a spare tent and arrange a seat for you with a friend.

is this going on at the hammers? I'm assuming it is since cracker mentioned a few of the hammer trails. any of you guys ever run bullfrog or cakewalk? they're in the area we locals call cougar buttes, which is about 10 miles west of the hammers on the west edge of Johnson valley off of camp rock rd. they're really fun trails that aren't quite as difficult as the hammer trails. minimal lift, 30"+ tires and open diffs will get you through most of it just fine and there are literally TONS of side obstacles etc. it's my favorite part of JV, lots of prime camp spots too. me and a couple of my buddy's that drive zj's have been talking about going out this weekend and crashing the goatfest party lol

here's a vid of us going wheelin @ the boots, you might want to turn your volume down if you're not a fan of hip-hop music sorry! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D945jXIIlJ8

yes to the hammers. no we probably won't make any trips out to cougar buttes, but it has happened before.. so you never know.

most of us don't put up with the wind at the hammers to not wheel the hammers; or in some peoples case are too hammered to wheel at all. :)

You should consider just driving out anyway. Hang out ad have fun, and there will always be an empty seat somewhere.

Answer this friend:

What is it going to take to get you out there? I can run by and wrench on your rig for a couple of hours; or pack a spare tent and arrange a seat for you with a friend.

I spent the day with Al installing a new steering gearbox and sorting out his OX locker.

I spent the day with Al installing a new steering gearbox and sorting out his OX locker.

I over-reacted yesterday to some minor frustration, but Thanks to Mark, things are looking up. I have just a few very minor issues to address tomorrow and I'll be all squared away. I'll be there Friday.

Answer this friend:

Thanks for the offer, Cal, and sorry for the delayed response. I've been offline all day. All is good!

party1: Jeeps all put back together and ready to rock! But........ The DR says no dice for me this yr. :bawl::rattle: Have a good time boys and girls! Sucks im gonna miss out on this one.

Planning on leaving work at 0900 tomorrow, heading to Borrego to pick up the jeep, should be on the lakebed by 2pm or so. Anyone want to go for an afternoon run?

Its been too long for me. Last time I went to JV was 2008, I cant wait!

Back