• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GO VOTE!

Boatwrench

NAXJA Forum User
East coast members you have about 5 hours left to go vote!

Pacific coast members you have just over eight hours left to go vote!

Local pollsters are predicting a <60% turn out, some as low as 42%. I think we should show the pollsters just how inaccurate they are!

Going after work :thumbup:

I voted and got my sticker!!!

I totally put your name down for a write-in for one of the spots that had no opposition. Good luck Billy! :D

Billy for Worcester County Sheriff!

I always do early voting. this year I did not vote for any incumbent. That is what I think should always happen. Besides it makes sure politicians don't become "professionals". They are supposed to be taking on the job for a short period of time, to serve the people. A professional politican thinks the people are supposed to support them.

Well, The map has a little more red on it now! :D

Voted for the first time :guitar:

--got to the school where you vote at 7:55 (polls close at 8)

I voted a mix of Republican, Liberal, a couple independents, and one Democrat.Almost none of my politicians won, but most of my props did. And yes, I said no to legalized marijuana.

I voted a mix of Republican, Liberal, a couple independents, and one Democrat.Almost none of my politicians won, but most of my props did. And yes, I said no to legalized marijuana.

Good, I dont understand why it should be legal. reading about it online all the time though, I though everyone in california was a pot head!

I don't understand why it shouldn't be:
* some of the smartest, and some of the dumbest people I know smoke pot. They were smart and dumb (respectively) before they started, too.
* banning alcohol kept people from drinking it 'cause it's evil, right?
* regulating quality and growers would be much better than illegal immigrant gangs growing it in the national forests and shooting people who stumble upon their grows. Prohibition got us organized crime and the kennedy fortune, illegal pot gets us more vicious organized crime.

Lastly... it's your body, do what you want with it. You're responsible if you drive high and cause an accident, though, same as drunk drivers are responsible.

</libertarian thread derail>

Oh - and I don't smoke it, and never will, even if it is legalized. Not my thing.

Back