• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gimme the runs!

Phil

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Here is the proposed runs schedule for 2008 –

January -
Snow Run – Over! Was fun!

Feb -

March -

April -
Hollister – 2nd weekend – Phil / Opie (XJ_ranger)

May -
Strawberry Creek – 3rd weekend – Opie (XJ_ranger)
Lost Coast? - Memorial weekend if Ivan or someone is interested in planning it

June -
Shark Mark's - Slickrock / Deer Valley - mid month (Shark XJ)

July -
BBQ on the farm - 4th / weekend
Rubicon - mid to late - Phil

August -
8th -10th Swamp Lake- per Richard (Goatman)

September -
Fordyce - after Labor day, by conditions - with FOF? - Bryan (Bryan C)

October -
Fall Fling - Moab – Richard (Goatman) / NAXJA

November -
Rockin XJ – Johnson Valley - wait for more info later in the year
Hollister for those that don’t go to Moab or JV

December –

These are just the runs that the SC BOD has been working on and will take part in planning - do not be afraid to post up about a run, and ask people to come wheeling/camping with you
happy070%5B1%5D.gif
, come over and stop leaks on your jeep :repair:, post up about a meet and greet at hooters :shocked: - or whatever :cheers:

Rig requirements should come out with each run. Rubicon and Fordyce are simply more difficult trails so we'll be looking for a little more, but everything else may be pretty open.

We're looking forward to a great 2008 with lots of good people out wheeling!

Sounds great!!!

One suggestion.....Sierra Trek is August 7-10. This means that the weekend before, Fordyce Creek has flows reduced. Maybe run Fordyce on August1-3?

The way things are looking, I wont be able to go to Moab, but am more than ready to do that Hollister run in early November.

April -
Hollister – 2nd weekend – Phil / Opie (XJ_ranger)

Not sure but would like to make it
May - Strawberry Creek – 3rd weekend – Opie (XJ_ranger)

I'll be there for this one

June - Shark Mark's - Slickrock / Deer Valley - mid month (Shark XJ)

I'll wouldn't miss this chance again

July - Rubicon - mid to late - Phil

not sure if I would be ready for this but I would love to spot and take pics

August - 8th -10th Swamp Lake- per Richard (Goatman)

I will try to make this one too.

Sounds like a great year and I am going to stop being such a pud and get out there more and meet some of you.

Lost Coast?
You mean the Lost coast in Southern Humboldt? I will try and make the drive from Arcata if anyone's going.
And Slick Rock in June sounds good, if we stop off at the Bare Ass Slides!

-Kyle

The Rockin' XJ Jamboree will be Nov 14-16. Not the weekend right before Thanksgiving this year, two weekends before Thanksgiving.

I'm finally back in the Humboldt area. Just finished school and I am now an engineer in Eureka. I could possibly plan (with Ivan??) the Usal Beach run in May if there is interest. I want to keep the run alive.

My friend and I are tentatively planning a run on the Rubicon Memorial Day weekend, depending on the conditions. I will be locked front and rear (D30/D44) with 4.56 gears, finally! And the rockrails I got from JCR, and front bumper from Jes, will be on, so I'll be ready to go the distance!! We are also going to try to do 2 trips a month all around the Sierra Chapter territories, I'll always post up in advance when dates are firmed. It's going to be a great summer for wheelin'!!!!!!!!!

well the weekend of the 28th in feb. some buddies and i are planning a trip out to Nightmare Gulch if anyone is interested in going... We are gonna be camping out there that weekend.

Back