• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

getting away with 31's

NiceXJ

NAXJA Forum User
hey i have a stock 95 cherokee sport 4 door with the 4.0. i was wondering if i could get away with running 31x10.5x15 tires. im currently running 235/75/15 and i have no problems. Any advice will help. i dont currently have enough money for a lift so im trying for the biggest i can get. thnx

I never understand it when someone can spend an extra 150-200 going from a stock set to a 31" set of of tires and doesn't have money for a lift. Why not go with 30" and a BB. Get the best of both. Good Luck

235 is the biggest without a lift. unless you just want to cut your fenders out for 31's

XJING said:
I never understand it when someone can spend an extra 150-200 going from a stock set to a 31" set of of tires and doesn't have money for a lift. Why not go with 30" and a BB. Get the best of both. Good Luck

For me it was because I needed new tires, was planning on doing 31's when I lifted it, and decided not to pay for tires twice.

They will rub quite a bit. Mine isn't my daily driver, and if it was I wouldn't do it. But it is possible to drive on the street with 31's without trimming.

basso4735 said:
check out rusty's and RE's 2" budget boosts. from about 200-300$

no way hockey pucks and a pair of shackles could cost two hundred bucks.

seriously though, i ran 30x9.50s on my 89 limited they rubbed some at flex and at full lock. but it wasn't too bad and i lived with it. I have a buddy here who runs the 31's at stock height but with trimming and backspaced wheels. It rides nice, looks good and except for some approach angle issues wheels anywhere i do with three inches and 31's.

but all of these things place you into mod tech, where judicious use of the search button will find you answers to all your tire sizing/fender trimming needs

cumorglas said:
no way hockey pucks and a pair of shackles could cost two hundred bucks.

seriously though, i ran 30x9.50s on my 89 limited they rubbed some at flex and at full lock. but it wasn't too bad and i lived with it. I have a buddy here who runs the 31's at stock height but with trimming and backspaced wheels. It rides nice, looks good and except for some approach angle issues wheels anywhere i do with three inches and 31's.

but all of these things place you into mod tech, where judicious use of the search button will find you answers to all your tire sizing/fender trimming needs
my bad, rusty's BB is 99 on their site. RE's isnt a BB, its a real lift, and its 230 or something.

basso4735 said:
my bad, rusty's BB is 99 on their site. RE's isnt a BB, its a real lift, and its 230 or something.

i was only teasing. most of the budget boosts are around a hundred bucks but it is likely that if you are thinking lift that you have also trashed your shocks and the extra little bits (like brake line relocators) that get tossed in the kits are handy too.

but if you are gonna spend 230 for two inches why not spend 240 for three.

Back