• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauging interest for a VW TDI Jeep swap kit...

I know I am quoting you from 2 days ago, but seriously dude, coming from another 23 yo college student, you are a f-ing asshole. Stop making 23 year old college kids look bad.

:roflmao::laugh2::roflmao:

:laugh:

:clap:

I love it :farmer:

TK, did you have a previous naxja account? You sound purple.

yep um purple just like your guys ego.

i agree markos. (Dont take this offense guys) I know you dont wanna hear it but that is why the 4bt diesel would be an easier swap. Minimal wiring the motor is mostly mechanical.

The 4BT 3.9 engine is rated at 120+ hp @ 2500 rpm with peak torque of 327 lb-ft @ 1700 rpm. The engine weighs 570 pounds (dry). The 4BT 3.9 engine dimensions are...:

>

Total height: 30.6 inches

Total length: 30.1 inches

4.0L I6 weighs 515 lbs. So your adding another 55 pounds, take off that lil turbo, put on a hx35 holset off of a stock 2nd gen cummins 5spd for resonably cheap, the automatics have hy35 which isnt worth putting on. and do bigger injectors and pump it up to around 300hp and 700+ ftlbs and set the wastegate to 35psi which is in its max effeciency range. Any thing over 35psi is blowing hot air and turbo can fail.

Hook up a nv4500 trans with the 5gear retaining nut welding, south bend clutch on you should be good to go.

You go the vw route its alot more involved not only wiring, mechanical.

Last edited:
and do bigger injectors and pump it up to around 300hp and 700+ ftlbs and set the wastegate to 35psi which is in its max effeciency range.

Yeah because all unibodies can handle that!

well whats the point of swapping if you dont upgrade in power? unless you want acceleration of a bread box van. You have the right suspension, axles and motor mounts i dont see why not.

well whats the point of swapping if you dont upgrade in power? unless you want acceleration of a bread box van. You have the right suspension, axles and motor mounts i dont see why not.

The guy said he planned on 300 ft. lbs and 30 mpg. didn't you read the original post?

well what are you whining about?

You being a dick and not adding to this thread.

This is a thread about VW TDI swapping and the like, take your 4BT bs over to another thread. We don't like you, we like other diesel engine options.

Thanks.

Your welcome, I dont know what for? but anyways why you guys so hung up on the vw honestly? I want someone to make a pros and cons list of a 4bt swap vs. vw swap based on true facts.

You being a dick and not adding to this thread.

This is a thread about VW TDI swapping and hearing about your 4bt swap instead of the vw swap is a resonable idea because we will reject any idea you have because the 4bt is a easier swap and we cant lie about the reality of that.. I like you, we like other diesel engine options to compare.

Thanks.

Back