• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gas mileage with lift/tires/axles/gear ratio?

if gas mileage is a big concern, buy a honda, toyota or SMART car. :D

I'm all for improving gas mileage but at this point, I've stopped spending money and trying.

of course I say that until I score some cash to buy me a stroker or LS1

89 4.0 aw4,4 inch teraflex longarm,31x10.5x15 bfg mudders,msd ing and coil,electric fans cone filter,flowmastercat back exaust,and 3.55 gears.
12-13 city (not much higway driving to calculate) and i have a heavy foot.

I'm all for improving gas mileage but at this point, I've stopped spending money and trying.

Honestly, though, modified 4x4s really aren't the type of vehicle meant to get fuel economy lol. We leave that to the tuner crowd. :).

guess thats why i drive my 88 civic sedan. :p

just fixed my stupid O2 problem too...

shit guys! i get about 12-14MPG's If im lucky. Im running 33's and 4.88's Then again the last trip i went on i did a steady 70 MPH @ about 3k RPM's. I think i would have gotten a bit more had i kept it @ 60-65MPH but Jeeper John likes to drive fast so go figure... Th Oxygen sensor on my rig is pretty new. The only thing i can think that contributes to poor gas milage is a tired 4.0 that i have. but then again i could be wrong.

3000 rpm isn't too bad. I think at 70 mine is turning at about 2600 - 2800 if I recall. That's just south of the powerband and is a fairly efficient place to cruise.

Your tired engine will get you worse economy for sure because you're pushing it harder.

Nah, either I'll go big or go home and buy a motorcycle, or I'd buy a diesel truck. Right now I can only afford my Jeep though, so I guess that will have to do.

I get 18-20 mixed driving with 235/s and 3.73s

31's 4.10's lockers 3-1/2". I filled up in Parker, AZ on Sunday afternoon and drove home to No.County San Diego (PQ) and had 1/8 tank left, the light had just come on. So that's about 17 mpg I'd guess.

32s/4.56/4.5 lift

14ish. Mostly around town driving.

4.56 gears - Locked fill time with 33's on 5" of lift I get 12-15/18mpg

I live around a lot of hills too, and pulling up the hills is even worse, like 10. I hope that 4.56s will bring me up a few as well as some better streetable tires.

4.0 / AX-15
Stock I could get 25mpg on the highway
I now have 3" lift, 31 BFG MTs on Steelies, winch bumper w/ winch, rear bumper with tire carrier, 4.10s, nothing on the roof, I get almost 18mpg on the highway.

well it definately sounds like I have a pretty serious problem going on here guys because I am getting about 5-8 mpg city and 12 highway if I am lucky! I need to fix those damn O2 Sensors. Checked my exhaust and no cracks or leaks that I can hear or see. Would an over sized throttle body and cone filter intake possibly cause something like this? Something to do with the mass air flow sensor maybe? I have been told that it can have the same symptoms as an exhaust leak.

Back