• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Garrett's build thread

why not keep the stock driving lights?

seems like they still fit.

I really like the look of round lights with what I'm doing

This is what I'm shooting for with the front

E4B93587-D277-496C-A101-0280562C1CC2-895-00000062890D547A.jpg

Darn sexy!!

Hey if you dont want to use my stock tj lights I'm taking those new pro comps on my pillar off in a week or so for some new square led's

Those would work for now. Probably too bright for headlights, but they are the size I'm looking for. It's not like I'll be driving it on the street at night all that much, but I don't want to blind everyone on the trail either

just the bender and pedestal. need to get a die. Didnt come with one that large.

picked up a pipe notcher btw. LMK if you want to use it until i need it :)

just the bender and pedestal. need to get a die. Didnt come with one that large.

picked up a pipe notcher btw. LMK if you want to use it until i need it :)

Thanks man, but I've been pretty happy using the chop saw method. Super easy and fast, and with a little grinder work, you get a nice tight fit. I wouldn't use this method if I was tig welding, but it's good enough for the mig

Stocker posted up the link in my advanced fab thread.

Thanks man! I'm pretty anxious to get back to wheeling again. I'll definitely hit you up when I get back rolling again.

Did you get a new rig built?!!
2001 xj when its done, it will be sitting on D44's locked and 35's. Kept most of my parts, sold the rest. This jeep is super clean and everyone that knows me, knows its in for a wild ride. I'm going to keep it cherry for as long as I can. Will post pix as soon as I finish the running gear and lift.
Keep posting updates!

2001 xj when its done, it will be sitting on D44's locked and 35's. Kept most of my parts, sold the rest. This jeep is super clean and everyone that knows me, knows its in for a wild ride. I'm going to keep it cherry for as long as I can. Will post pix as soon as I finish the running gear and lift.
Keep posting updates!

That's awesome. I'm glad to her your back at it!!

You going to run frame stiffeners this time around!!?

Garrett,

It is great to see someone learning pretty easily with our bender. That die set you have is $199 by itself BTW. Good looking cage, especially for a first one. And you are using the right material too, it makes a big defference. The swept-back B and C pillars really look cool, especially since you are keeping the stock windshield (and thus windshield angle). The only thing I would like to bring up is that you currently don't have much for side-to-side triangulation. If you look at your cage from the back, it is mostly just a series of squares. I have sketched up the most popular method of preventing a cage from going flat corner-to-corner. X brace in the B, C, or D pillars. Not trying to tell you that you have to add them, but I wanted to share as an option.

XJcage_zpsf1ffd341.jpg

Rogue, seriously admire that you took the time to come look at this thread and give input. :thumbup:

I appreciate your input Joe, and I have really liked working with your bender, it's a great product.

I do plan to throw some cross bracing in there like you have drawn. The B pillar will be done like you have it, the D pillar will cross in the rear slope, doubling as a spare tire mount, and I will be crossing up the roof in one big X. Then I will have some short braces at the B and C pillar, sloping forward, that will double as handles. I still have a bar to run on top of the dash and cross that up to the roof.
Pay of this will happen in the months to come tho, I am trying my best to get this thing drivable for socal fest!!

Looks great "G" DOG!! I'm really glad it's coming along for you as well as it is! Nice having all that room too for you to work in! Wish I had the time to come by with a 12 pack and hang maybe soon! Seriously keep going don't get discourage your doing great! Oh I was looking at the rear hangers now might be a good time to beef em up! No suggestions from me I'm intrigued as to what you come up with! It's down hill from here, keep it up!!!

you shouldnt need anything too fancy for socalfest. looking good as always man.

Looks great "G" DOG!! I'm really glad it's coming along for you as well as it is! Nice having all that room too for you to work in! Wish I had the time to come by with a 12 pack and hang maybe soon! Seriously keep going don't get discourage your doing great! Oh I was looking at the rear hangers now might be a good time to beef em up! No suggestions from me I'm intrigued as to what you come up with! It's down hill from here, keep it up!!!

Thanks Nelson, come by anytime, I need to grab those harnesses from you anyways!! I'll need two of them before socal fest!!

I plan on winning those shackle relocators from HD, those should be beef enough! :clap:

Back