• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full bodied MJ on 42.5 boggers

Nice tubework! But it needs to tie into more then then the factory 6 bolts.

Am I the only one that cringes when I see the updates??? :eek: Poor MJ! :doh: J/K! It's Bad Ass!

I picked up some VHT wrinkle paint to do the dash. Did a test panel and it looks pretty cool. Can anyone think of anything I am missing on the dash? I want to make sure all my welding is done before paint it. No radio, Maybe a pass. grab handle...

More cowbell?

I painted the interior black. Then decided I wanted the cage to stand out so I repainted it orange, and coated the tube with Rustolem Hammered black. Now I wish the seats were not blue. I hate painting...

I also finished up the engine harness. I shortened a bunch of wires and lengthened others to get the harness to fit properly. Them put it all in loom.

Next step is to remove the engine, clean and paint engine bay, put my heat mat on firewall and trans tunnel and reassemble. Hopefully for the last time.

My engine mounts have been bothering me since I welded them in. The mounts themselves are rugged enough but they are only welded to one layer of sheet metal. That area of the frame has 4 layers but the weld only penetrated the outer, maybe the second at best. The idea of that much HP and TQ pulling on sheet metal does not inspire confidence. So I cut a 1 1/2" hole in the center of the mount, all the way through the bump stop mount on the outside of the frame. Then shoved a 5" piece of 1 1/2"x1/4" wall dom through it. Welded inside and out, then capped it inside the mount with a 1/4" plate. Will never have to worry about it now.

No pics yet but the engine is back in, transmission has been swapped (still a sm465 but the last one was very noisy in third gear). I have been waiting on a throttle cable from the scrap yard. They were supposed to give it to me with the engine but didn't... So today I went and pulled it myself. While I was there I grabbed the pedal too.

Back