• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full bodied MJ on 42.5 boggers

badass MJ. going to send it to a coworker as inspiration for his MJ

That escalated quickly... The LS block is already a tight fit. I have the firewall rebuilt and the LQ4 mounted in. Looks good. Had to move the pedals to the left 2 inches because I removed the gas pedal mounts when I hacked into the firewall. Just picked up a Painless wiring harness, ls1 flywheel, 80s truck clutch, orbital valve, and a bunch of other little stuff. Moving this thing in and out with a tractor is getting old. Need to make it run!

That escalated quickly... The LS block is already a tight fit. I have the firewall rebuilt and the LQ4 mounted in. Looks good. Had to move the pedals to the left 2 inches because I removed the gas pedal mounts when I hacked into the firewall. Just picked up a Painless wiring harness, ls1 flywheel, 80s truck clutch, orbital valve, and a bunch of other little stuff. Moving this thing in and out with a tractor is getting old. Need to make it run!

painless harnesses are great. used one in a blazer for a tuned port last year. if that clutch gives you any issues look into an LS7 clutch. we had them holding well over 600 horse at my last job

painless harnesses are great. used one in a blazer for a tuned port last year. if that clutch gives you any issues look into an LS7 clutch. we had them holding well over 600 horse at my last job

Have not heard of any clutch issues with this setup... Have you? Id rather fix it now than later.

Here are some pics. My latest posts have been lacking...

So the headers touched the firewall were I cut the relief. And there are multiple holes and rust issues around the pedals. Plus the right head was into the heater box.

So I clearanced it a little.

Started rebuilding on the pass side.

Then drivers.

Made a panel of 3/16" for the pedals. Moved them down an inch and to the left an inch. Lower to make up for no carpets, Left because I removed 3" of floor where the gas pedal was. Then I flipped the pedals on their sleeves for another 2". You may notice the hole in the floor that is open to inside the frame rail. I am planning on running my Hydro steering hoses though the frame to avoid header heat.

e2732d3927fe.jpg

Finishing up the firewall/tunnel. The SM465 is really tall.

So I have been unsure of my decision to use .090 wall for my coilover mounts since I put them in. Lucky when I installed them I ran the ends though the wiper compartment so I could tie into them in the future. So I got some 1.5" x .120" wall and stuffed it through the firewall into the coilover mounts until the bend in the front. I will tie my cage into these.

Then I plug welded them.

Just got 60' of 1.75" x .120" wall. I have been playing with cage ideas a lot lately. I want the protection of a exo but don't want to change the look of my truck. I have been leaning toward hybrid. I also like my cab visor but it really has no place off road. Its always catching branches and trees. So im making my Halo hoop come out of the cab above the windshield to simulate the visor. It will make a good light mount too. The front posts will be inside and ill have two down bars into the bed. I will probably waste a lot of tube trying to make it look right but tubing is cheap.

Back