• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front bumpers!

When you remove the stock bumper and the air damn, and go for a heavier aftermarket bumper, is there a noticable difference in MPG?
:lecture:
Like I mentioned before the FB-LTD is "about" a 60lb bumper, a gain of maybe 20-30lbs. With that being said I have not noticed any difference in MPG, though I'm sure there is some change as it is more weight. Its that much more for the jeep to haul around, but consider this: as far as bumpers go: there is Rigid= damn well built, great look(lots of comments from non jeepers and trailheads alike), pretty light weight, K.I.S.S. instal.
and then there's everything else.........................

please note -i dont know what year they moved the vacuum resirvoir but i have a 99 and did have to relocate it- this controls A/C vent options and cruise control- maybe emissons i.d.k.. Also this is a good chance to check the entire vacuum line as I found cracks in the chinsy plastic tubing- you should replace it with rubber hose when/if it breaks-easy do it yourself stuff.

o and b.t.w. for the comment made about buying hardware the FB-LTD did come with hardware and mounting plates-drool away friends with Rigid (I.M.O) you just cant go wrong: http://flickr.com/photos/rigid/collections

I have a M40 (moab 4x4 outpost) bumper for sale, needs to sell let me know.

387.jpg
[/IMG]

Back