• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front brake rotors for 99 sport

I've run the Z36 pads and they even don't come close to the Yellow truck pads. As far as a conversion it takes WJ knuckles, calipers, and rotors.

Wj swap is more than i want to get into considering the ZJ swap is already on the block.

Worse comes to worse, i can always swap to an even more aggressive pad with the powerstop rotors (like a Hawk EPS etc). Pads are cheap, and i can order caliper and rotor kit cheaper than the full kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about u joints and wheel hub assemblies while i’m in there?

The axle bearings and seals are cheap and easy to do while you have the axle out. I'd do the seals no matter what. I am also interested in rear discs for my 8.25. The available kits are up to almost 1K now.

The axle bearings and seals are cheap and easy to do while you have the axle out. I'd do the seals no matter what. I am also interested in rear discs for my 8.25. The available kits are up to almost 1K now.

Seals were a definite. I may just buy another set of junk axles to rebuild. What about u joints while im there?

I priced it all out, for me to do the ZJ swap with all new powerstop z36 parts and used backing plates its ~$450-$500 swap not including any other parts being replaced “while im in there”. I need to do longer wheel studs back there too, so i may as well do hub/bearing

Breakdown (rockauto prices before 5% discount)

Powerstop Z36 xj front brake kit w/calipers $285-$299 (depending on cast vs composite rotor)
Powerstop braided brake line kit $61
Powerstop Z36 ZJ rear brake kit (no calipers) $155
Powerstop uncoated ZJ rear calipers $75
Centric Zj parking brake hardware $13
Powerstop parking brake shoes $14
Zj parking brake levers $55
Xj front wheel studs $10
Kj parking brake cables TBD

Anything im missing? I figure an extra 10% for shop supplies, gaskets, “while im in theres”, etc on top of this

Back