• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Friday Night Potluck

For those who need ideas of what to bring, here is a list of what others have vouluteered to bring:

chilli-IllianaXJ
nachos-XJ&TJME
venison-HaleYes
corn bread casserole-99SJ-Ex
hamburgers & buns-RevDen & Sue
baked beans-85XJ Woody
grill-85XJWoody ,BrianHo13, ForeWheeler
plastic cutlery-BOB
dip-Fore Wheeler
ketchup,mustard,mayo,relish,cheese-Mcnamaag
jello shots-Macgyvr
something grillable-Big Hank

Please add if you are bringing something-I thought I saw more items in other threads, but cannot find easily.

We do need:

potato salad
plates
napkins
other side dishes
potato chips or other chips (nacho type)
dessert

Looking forward to seeing everyone
Sue

I'll bring some Sodie Pop and Tortilla Chips, Susie!

Looking forward to meeting the person who keeps Rev in line at WF! :D

Like I said, I'll bring kringle, but are there any requests for flavors? In fact... does anyone know what I kringle is? I brought them last time I went out but that was '07 for carnage fest or winterfest I think so it's been a while.

Pecan! And OH kringle is the best in Racine.

My friend and I are considering bringing a fryer and cooking a few turkeys, would this be a welcome addition?

Sounds like there will be some great food all around :)

My friend and I are considering bringing a fryer and cooking a few turkeys, would this be a welcome addition?

Heck yeah! That'd be sweet! One bird would peobably do.

Not sure the weather is going to cooperate though. :dunno:

Mmmmmm.......... DEEP FRIED TURKEY! :clap:

I have some Kick ass rub I have been thinking about marketing, if you want to try some I will bring it along, think bacon......

I have some Kick ass rub I have been thinking about marketing, if you want to try some I will bring it along, think bacon......

Yes, please do! I am a huge fan of bacon :)

We picked up a couple smaller turkeys tonight, some marinades and another rub (figure we can do one with that and one with your mystery rub). Also, be thinking about what kind of random food stuffs you can throw in the oil after you've had a few and the turkeys are done!

Yes, please do! I am a huge fan of bacon :)

We picked up a couple smaller turkeys tonight, some marinades and another rub (figure we can do one with that and one with your mystery rub). Also, be thinking about what kind of random food stuffs you can throw in the oil after you've had a few and the turkeys are done!

So who is bringing snickers and pickles? :D

Jester please oh please save me a piece of that KRINGLE for Breakfast on Sat. Im from Delavan and haven't had that in years. If you ask for Kringle here in So. Indiana they think you have a speech impediment and tell you "sorry we dont sell potatoe chips here".
Cardboard

The kringle is really good. If it's not too late, cherry would be a great flavor. It's like a really rich sweet roll, but flat. How's that for an appetizing description.

Sue

We were thinking of chipotle-cranberry ribs in the crockpot, but there seems to be enough main dishes.

Maybe we should bring a side instead.

Back