• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Freshly Painted

Im gonna add a star on the quarter panels. Im about to go outside and mask them off right now.

good job on it! i been workin on my paint job for the past 2-ish years now... and still only have it 3/4 of the way primered! lol

love the roofrack find, now why cant i make finds like that? i been lookin to score one since we got the jeep almost 4 years ago!

Last edited:
I know this thread is old, but i thought Id put a lil update up of the new hood star I did a couple weeks ago. My GF liked the star so I was like what the hell if I dont like it I can just paint over it again. So here is the update, also a new front bullguard and a photoshop of a post apocalyptic scene kinda. Comments are welcomed as always.

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

project.jpg

Looks great man. Can I brink you mine once I get back?

Id be willing to help you paint it if thats what you mean. I just did mines with rattle can. So far its held up just fine, I think its mostly in the prep work. I did get a chip on the hood from a rock though, but spot painted it.

The brushguard is actually from a japanese jeep. I dont think they have them over here. As for the rockers, I had some guy make them locally for me, Im probably going to have him make me some tube doors also when I get the funds. If anyone wants to know who made my rockers just PM me. I still have his cell and email. Also anyone have some advice on how to take the doors off these by yourself? I started to cut the hinge on my drivers side door, But I cant get it loose at the top, and the bottom hinge is a biotch to cut.

Thanks, I think I used like 9 cans of of the green. One can of black, and one can of white.

shrek used more than that doing the tan but he went into a lot of detail..

he also is waiting to post pics untill its on the trail apparently.

so it could be another year :D ZING!!!

yea its rattle can, I used rustoleum satin paint for it. I still got a few cans of paint for touchups though. I think for tan you probably need more cans depending on the color of the original jeep since tan is a lot lighter.

Thanks, did you buy the cans in bulk or just off the shelf some where?

Zombie Response XJ huh, where can I sign up for your newsletter? I had no idea about this whole Zombie apocalypse until I stopped by the Army/Navy store in Allentown, PA. Now I know.

I got my paint off the shelf at home depot since I had a gift card for it. Any hardware store should have it. As far as the zombie thing goes, Im just preparing for the worse. :D I mean 2012 is coming near:firedevilIm not gonna sit round while some zombies try to chomp on my brains. Also the army surplus guy told me everyone is gonna turn into a zombie cause of some vaccination that mutates. But maybe that guy was tryin to sell me some army stuff and a truck...

Last edited:
I kind of figured that's where you were buying them from. I'm still up in the air between monstalining the outside or flat green/black/battleship gray. We'll see I guess.

wingnutooa said:
zombie apocolypse?

maybe someone here can elaborate for those of us who have not made it to the army surplus store

Google zombie invasion, it's basically just the dead coming back to life to kill us all. More of a fun joke type thing but the army surplus dude was so in to it that my wife bought a new rifle. Depends on who you ask and you will get different responses and excitement levels.

Back