• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Freshly Painted

Mine's done!!!!!!!

71700_1659545094386_1409933511_1746263_497196_n.jpg

SORRY! last one.

maybe we should have a zombie sticky...

logo133.png

EDIT:
in case anyone was curious as to the size of the zombies...if humans and dogs and the like can become zombified i guess it stands to reason that all of the little woodland creatures can too. gnomes, elves, dwarves, woodnymphs, faeries. you get the idea...

plus they're easier to kill and don't bite as hard...

Last edited:
A lil update, Jim AKA Jamescad helped me out on taking the front doors off on the cherokee, so heres a couple pics. So far Im loving it, starting to think this is one of my fav mods. Thanks again Jim. :D

DSC03849.jpg

DSC03848.jpg

Any tips on sanding?Did you do it by hand od with a machine?Did you get all the paint off or just how it looks in the before pics?Any info will help thanks

Any tips on sanding?Did you do it by hand od with a machine?Did you get all the paint off or just how it looks in the before pics?Any info will help thanks

I sanded it down by hand. The worst part was removing the pinstripe, that sucked the most and took the longest I think. Other than that I just sanded it down to roughen up the paint so itll stick nicely. Then I cleaned the surface with some mineral spirits and then painted over it. I did not sand down to metal, theres a couple spots I did due to the fender bender I got into.
It looked like this when I first got it.
DSC03776.jpg

This is pretty much what it looked like after I sanded it down.
DSC03785.jpg

And now it looks like this.
DSC03849.jpg

BTW if you ever need to touch up the paint, just sand it down some and just rattle can over it. Ive done it several times after taking it through the woods and it matches quite well.

Hope that helped ya some, if you got any other Qs, just ask.

Thanks a lot your info helps out a lot.I am planning on doing it within the next two weekends thanks again loots killer.I am planning on going with a tan.

Thanks a lot your info helps out a lot.I am planning on doing it within the next two weekends thanks again loots killer.I am planning on going with a tan.

I'm thinking tan for mine too. My wife (co-manager) has told me that she prefers the tan to the green. She's agreed to the lift and 31's though so we shall see.

Back