• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frank Raines run April 7th, run cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan C.

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Well March is upon us and it will soon be time for the Sierra Chapter's third annual run to Frank Raines OHV park on Saturday, April the 7th. Unfortunately weather and other conditions will cause this park to close with little or no notice. As of right now the park will be open for camping and off-roading. Last few years we have had a great turnout for this run. Hopefully we will have another great day. We tried in the past to have a pot-luck BBQ. If there is enough interest again this year, we can do the same. I just hate seeing a bunch of good BBQ going to waste while the majority of people eat sandwiches, but hey this is about whatever you guys want, right? So what will it be?

FRANK RAINES PARK INFO

Entry Fee: $5 self registration

From HWY I-5 take the Patterson off ramp and proceed west on Diablo Grande Parkway to Del Puerto Canyon Road (3/4 mile). Turn right and proceed 17 miles up the canyon to Frank Raines Regional Park.

The park is 860 acres of trails, hill climbs, and various other challenges. The area is mostly steep terrain. Flush toilet restrooms, full hook-up developed camping, and a full kitchen recreation hall is available. Day use is sunrise to sunset.
Further information is available by calling our toll free number (866) 648-7275 or the main Parks office at (209) 525-6750.

some useless links
http://www.co.stanislaus.ca.us/er/parks/pdf/frankrainesregionalpark.pdf

We will be having lunch once again at the park about 1/2 mile away from the OHV area. There is a small playground for the kids and a nice grassy area to relax and eat lunch.

This run is open to everyone. Members and non-members, and all types of vehicles too. Not just XJ's.
All skill levels of driver and even stock vehicles can have a good time too. I will host an easy run for those interested in a little sight seeing around the park. Most everyone else will be playing on the rocks.

Some pics from the last few runs.....
Farmer Matt
picture.JPG

Joe
standard.jpg

Chris, before he cut his junk up even further.
standard.jpg

Lunch
standard.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Frank Raines run April 7th

Looking forward to this run. Always a good time:viking:

Can't make this one :-( Wife is singing at the Sharks game which starts at 1:00 then the Stealth game that starts at 7:00.

Have fun......

I'll be trying to make this one. Looks like a fun area to play.

SharkXJ said:
Can't make this one :-( I have to go watch the sharks play for free

Have fun......

fixed.

I plan on being there. Katie does too - so it should be a good time.

This run is coming up!

Time for me to get wrenching! :repair:

How about we meet up at the staging area right on the other side of the pay station, and everyone is aired down and ready to wheel at 9:00am...

Potluck lunch at the same spot about 12:30-12:45ish...

What is everyone going to bring?

Im planning on bringing soda 'cuse I cant cook. I can also make some guac and bring some chips...

I'll bring dogs, buns, ketchup, and mustard. Hopefully the creek trail is open. No point going there if it's not.

88flexj said:
I'll bring dogs, buns, ketchup, and mustard. Hopefully the creek trail is open. No point going there if it's not.

I'm going to look into that. I agree. no point in going if it isn't open to run. Stand by for a venue change....

Bryan C. said:
I'm going to look into that. I agree. no point in going if it isn't open to run. Stand by for a venue change....

Looks like the creek is closed. The guy at the gate said that the creeks are off limits now. You can cross them, but no running up and down them. SO there was no gate physically closing the trail, but it is indeed closed.

So, Hollister anyone? Closing this thread.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back