• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ford 8.8 and dana 30 parts and locker stuff

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
ok so a deal went south on these guys, and i took the 4.88s out of the 30,

FORD 8.8 rear housing with truss, detroit locker, 4.88s, stock cover, stock shafts, brakes, selling as parts, not installed,
600$ obo

aussie locker, looks brand new, carrier, looks brand new, and a dana 30 HP disco housing with brand new ball joints, (disco bearing is removed from the middle of the pass side tube which means you can run bigger shafts, and the thing is ready for a new 10$ NAPA inner seal and a homemade block off plate to run a piece shaft ) i might have some stock brake parts for cores, and maybe some UCA bushings
300$ obo

ill deal if you buy both.

sorry to put these things back up, things just keep on changing and getting fubar on my HP 30 , it has been in the shop for 8 weeks and still isn't done, and continues to cost me money as it gets built..... damn...

I'm trying my best to sell the parts per axle together, like all 8.8 parts, and all 30 parts, unless there is enough interest in the parts separately.

you are more than happy to buy it all and sell off what you don't need. id hook up a deal for everything.

alright so ill part these things out to get the ball rolling and just to make some room in the garage.

8.8 rear housing with truss, and welded tubes, no mounts of any kind, HP dana 30 disco front housing with new ball joints, no knuckles, removed weird bearing near the disco housing in the axle tube and have the old fork housing that you can use to cut fork off and make a block off plate.
150$ OBO for both housings together, make an offer on these

8.8 detroit locker
350$

8.8 4.88 gears
100$

aussie and carrier in great shape-both look new, bearings on carrier still
250$ obo

used 4.56 gears dana 30 Hp reverse cut
40$

used 4.88 gears (west coast diffs checked them out and said they were good to run and that he (jon) would run them himself. , i bought new gears anyway)
30$

the 4.88s are for a 30. they aren't perfect, but west coast diffs felt fine running them. i figure someone can use them thats better than them sitting around.
ill be carrying the set of cryod 30s for spares. apparently its not abnormal to have to press a yoke onto a pinion shaft, but it is kinda uncommon on a dana 30, but the guys at west coast said the cryod set was fine to run. i figure ill keep it for now, since setting gears while having to constantly press a yoke on and off would be a major PIA.

basically i have 3 sets of hp30 4.88s, i only need 2. they weren't as bad as we thought, but the new set is already paid for so I'm rolling with that

there is someone that contacted me for everything, but he could flake, id prefer to sell it all in one swoop, but if he backs out its all for parts.

ill be willing to do it all for 750$ for someone on naxja if someone on here wants it all - i just want it all gone now.
that both housings, both lockers, both gear sets, but no shafts on either axle, but stock covers and a bunch of other parts ill throw in...

yah i doubt he will do it. Fn CL flakes. i just need to move these fast either way, thats why it would be nice to sell it all fast and quick in a lump sum.

Back