• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For those with 35's on 4.5

mattyj said:
WTF :shocked:

I once said that.

There's some places where underground mining fires never extinguished completely, and are still burning......under ground. Screws up the surface big time. As you can see, the uneven, cracked pavement.

TNT said:
I ran 33x10.50-15's with 4" of backspacing on 15x7 rims with 5" of lift. I had 11" of travel in the front and 12" in the rear. To keep the tires from rubbing I ran 3.5" of bumpstop in the front and 3" in the rear. I had to cut front fenders and raise my front flares to the bodyline. In the rear I had to cut and fold the seams and stretch the rear flares as wide as possible.

You mean 3.5" and 3" of additional bump stop on top of the stock bumps, correct? I just put 33s on and I want to know roughly how many hockey pucks to pick up. :)

CheapXJ said:
Centralia, PA

I bet that crack is bigger now too!

maybe. (also ironically on the setup being discussed here anyway)

100_0304.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

what exactly happened to that highway?

im gonna be in PA for christmas, i think it would be kinda cool to check out while im there

Are most of you guys trimmed up past the windshield wiper fluid resevior or just up to it?? Thats how I am trimmed right now and I need tires soon. I am not afraid to do more if I need to but I'm trying to figure it out before I spend the $$$$ on tires. Here is how she sits right now. I have the TJ flare lip on the inside trimmed short cause my wheels tuck in under the flares now and it is even with the resevior
click to enlarge

stoneattic said:
You mean 3.5" and 3" of additional bump stop on top of the stock bumps, correct? I just put 33s on and I want to know roughly how many hockey pucks to pick up. :)

Yes but it depends on your shock length. 2" worked fine with 8.5" travel front shocks and 1.5" in the rear worked fine with raised stock mounts. The best way is to flex it and find out. You need enough length to keep your shocks from bottoming out. Relocating mounts is also an option if you are using real long or short shocks.

Give me some more details about your extended and compressed shock length and I can give you a better estimate. BTW what width 33's are you using and what width/backspacing are your rims.

CheapXJ said:
lift does not make tires fit, backspacing, wheel width, track width, wheelbase and amount of remaining sheetmetal does.

by the time my old XJ on 36s got retired, I think it was sagged to probably about 2.5" or so.

I had the front floor so beat in that I had to trim the side of my brake pedal off to clear the "wheel tub"

every once and a while I could get it to rub (circled in yellow)...

rubbing.jpg

nothin like wheelin on a 4-lane highway :laugh:

is that centralia, pa?

i just google mapped centralia and that highway looks awesome....the "center" of centralia looks like a ghost town!

BarracudaBlueXJ said:
is that centralia, pa?

reading previous posts is your friend

as for centralia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia,_Pennsylvania

it seems cooler on the internet than in real life.

in the 60's the town dump caught on fire and hit a coal vein in the ground and after many efforts they couldnt put the underground fire out.

in the 80's some kid fell in a sinkhole in his backyard, and the town gas station's tanks were at about 200*F and then the government began paying people to leave and some die-hard residents chose to stay.

it's really just a bunch of overgrown roads with random stop signs and old house foundations. the town dump is a big hole with random garbage and chunks of concrete with some hot (like finger burning hot) areas on the ground and some vents. the coolest part of it all is the 4 lane highway that's closed off.

/offtopic

And just think, nowadays you could be forced off of your property because of "eminent domain" (I think that's what it is called.) Suprised I remembered something from HS senior year last year.

here are some pics with the 35's on 4.5 finally
35son45.jpg

jeep2.jpg

jeep3.jpg

jeep4.jpg

In that last one the front sway bar is still connected.... thats the reason for the poor articulation.

looks nice man! hopefully I'll be there soon too!

he had a pretty good reason for the lack of flex..... his SWAYBAR!

Back