• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fitting 2500 front end parts:

Here are his pic's
100_0111.jpg

im thinkin bout switching the turn and circular lights to LED cuz as you can see the diffence in brightness is pretty extreme. Hopefully, ill be able to somewhat match the brightness.

chris how the heck did you fix that darn hood gap! lol

chris how the heck did you fix that darn hood gap! lol

On mine I had to use more hood hinge shims in the back to bring it up proper to the cowl area on the fenders... after that I adjusted the hood hold down latches behind each lamp. If you pull the hood down to far it becomes lower than the fenders... if you still need more, like I did, then you have to start sanding away at the inside of the header where it is contacting the core support. When all that rubbish was done the header was almost touching the very center of the hood and on the outside there was a 1/4"+ gap. The only way to solve that problem is to reshape the backside of the header to get a consistent gap along the whole leading edge of the hood.

Lot's of fun.....

On mine I had to use more hood hinge shims in the back to bring it up proper to the cowl area on the fenders... after that I adjusted the hood hold down latches behind each lamp. If you pull the hood down to far it becomes lower than the fenders... if you still need more, like I did, then you have to start sanding away at the inside of the header where it is contacting the core support. When all that rubbish was done the header was almost touching the very center of the hood and on the outside there was a 1/4"+ gap. The only way to solve that problem is to reshape the backside of the header to get a consistent gap along the whole leading edge of the hood.

Lot's of fun.....

sounds like a blast....lol. so what if i cut the 2 springs a little bit that push the hood up. think that'll work?

man i didnt know there was adjustments! thanks chris!

urban: the lights are 1,000,000 times better than the h4 it comes with. Alot better to the sides as well. And the kit i got comes with a hi/lo feature so im pumped on that too. And yes, its 6000.

Yes, the H4's they come with are just crap, total crap.

I sold the H4's that came with the headlights in my silver XJ when I sold it, I pulled out my 105watt H4s and put them into the 2500 lights.

I was also thinking about putting in some HID converts, in both the headlights and the foglights.

sounds like a blast....lol. so what if i cut the 2 springs a little bit that push the hood up. think that'll work?

You need to adjust the bolts on each side. You might need to remove some of the shims under the top bolt.
DSC00631-1.jpg

what do you mean by adjusting? what exactly do i need o do to em. Lower them?

Loosen both bolts and push the striker assembly down..... The top might need a shim removed.

k will do. so what are your plans for a bumper chris?

Don't know yet..... It's going to the paint shop today and whenever I get it back I'll figure all that out. It's not going to be a wheeler so I'm not going to do anything crazy.
-Chris

did you get the plastics? if not i have all of em. including the front bumper plastics. just gotta make some supports for it.

are you going to try and make the front bumper plastics work?

I'm going to try to use the 2500 plastics but not the fender flares..... but I might end up just making a bumper for it.

right on. good luck! hey chris did you get my pm about that site for 2500 parts?

its hella cool that the 2500 parts are avalable and make ore beloved bricks a bit fancy, but i think it looks like a bastard child of a XJ and a WJ.

to each their own and good luck!

its hella cool that the 2500 parts are avalable and make ore beloved bricks a bit fancy, but i think it looks like a bastard child of a XJ and a WJ.
I'm on the fence with this retro. Part of me really likes it (in particular the bastard child bit since I own an XJ and a WJ), another part of me thinks it's blasphemy trying to improve the aerodynamics of a brick, and than there's another part of me that worries about the build-quality of these parts.

Back