• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fitting 2500 front end parts:

Well I got all it all to fit and the gaps look good. The only part I have to finish is the front of the hood to header panel gap... it's about 1/4" on the outside (above the head lamps) and is almost touching in the center. I'll snap some more pictures this weekend. Oh, and I have to get the lamps to sit a bit better.

...... still waiting on those pictures!

GetAttachment.aspx

Just send it to me and I'll post it up.

Here is the pic from Jeepcherokeeboy97
Image052.jpg

Can you snap a pic of the hood to fender gap as well as the hood to header panel gap and fender to windscreen gap. It's hard to see from the picture. See if you can get a close 3/4 view.

-Chris

Last edited:
Well I finally got the clip to fit......
DSC00667.jpg

DSC00668.jpg

DSC00669.jpg

DSC00670.jpg

The color makes it look weird but I'm happy with the fit of each part.

Thanks. Mount, adjust, sand, mount, adjust, sand, mount, adjust, sand.... x1000 :)
I even got the headlamps to fit. I want them to fit a bit better so I'm going to work on them tonight.

let me know when your headin to pismo so you can help me make mine look that pristine :p im thinking about grinding my old fenders to fit the headlights, rather than cut and weld. what do you think? did the metal warp when you welded it?

let me know when your headin to pismo so you can help me make mine look that pristine :p im thinking about grinding my old fenders to fit the headlights, rather than cut and weld. what do you think? did the metal warp when you welded it?

It didn't warp at all. I did about 150 tack welds on until all the holes were gone. You just have to work really slow and wait until it cools before doing the next tack. And that is the part that always bites me in the ass.... I get rushed. The metal on the Alex fenders is thinner than the OE stuff and even on the welders lowest setting it would burn through, so I ran the welder with a 15' extension cord to knock the power down some more. It's not perfect but I'm happy with the way it turned out.
I just couldn't figure out a way with the stuff I have to make the ridge in the lamp cutout if I just cut the hole out. So even if someone has to weld it for you I feel that it is the best option.
-Chris

Im starting to second guess weather or not im going to do this. There is a lot of work involved, and my Jeep is my only vehicle. Even if i had another vehicle, my jeep would still be my daily driver. What happens if you do some damage to the front? Some Jerk busts a headlight?

Its not like you can go online and just buy a replacement....

Anyway its all still up in the air for me.. If i decide to not do it, i will have some front end parts for sale along with the tail lights im already selling.

Im starting to second guess weather or not im going to do this. There is a lot of work involved, and my Jeep is my only vehicle. Even if i had another vehicle, my jeep would still be my daily driver. What happens if you do some damage to the front? Some Jerk busts a headlight?

Anyway its all still up in the air for me.. If i decide to not do it, i will have some front end parts for sale along with the tail lights im already selling.
I would-have bought some spare parts with the order just in case (especially a spare set of headlights... there's no way they're build to last)

Thats why im having nates4x4 build me a bumper. To protect the headlights and header. I'm getting the Slimeline recessed winch bumper with 4" longer support brackets (2500 header sticks out 4" more than stock) also, just a head up guys, ive had to replace both turn signal bulbs. They simply just blew up after a couple weeks. easy replacement though. If i were you id swap the bulbs before you put them to use.

Back