• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fitting 2500 front end parts:

It didn't warp at all. I did about 150 tack welds on until all the holes were gone. You just have to work really slow and wait until it cools before doing the next tack. And that is the part that always bites me in the ass.... I get rushed. The metal on the Alex fenders is thinner than the OE stuff and even on the welders lowest setting it would burn through, so I ran the welder with a 15' extension cord to knock the power down some more. It's not perfect but I'm happy with the way it turned out.
I just couldn't figure out a way with the stuff I have to make the ridge in the lamp cutout if I just cut the hole out. So even if someone has to weld it for you I feel that it is the best option.
-Chris

I think im going to grind it, that way i can keep the paint looking good. Also, to be honest i dont think that ridge makes a big difference at all. if anything, you could run rubber lines on the sides of the cut out. I think i going to start doing it tomorrow. If so, ill take a bunch of pics of the progress

Ok, just tape it off good incase the grinder gets away from you.

How do i get the bj 2500 parts? i have read all the threads i could find. i want to do this to a few jeeps and if they go well maybe make alot of them. but i would like to know how to get the parts and what the costs are... i have the parts costs but what about shipping that seems like the deal breaker... anyways if anyone knows that would be nice... ohhh and one other thing if i make one is it cool to put a "I got a bj" sticker on it??

you have to order the parts through alexparts.com pretty much the only way to do that is to buy a mass quanity. (group buy) with more people this will cut the shipping down. For example, I bought all of the exterior peices except for the mirrors. total came to $406.00 Once the parts got to the states i paid $212.00 to have it shipped to my house. So it costs no more than $700 I recommend you dont buy the plastics, Since they do not sell the supports or brackets to hold them on. I'm stuck with all the plastics lol. You can start another group buy if you like. Call it Jeep 2500 Conversion order #3 I'll help you out with any questions you have. First step is to start a thread and a list of who wants what. Then contact alexparts.com They well give you more info. I see your from east jordan? i take it thats the country jordan? If so, It will be very difficult for you to get the parts. unless you have it shipped to the states first then shipped back to you. Alex parts ships to san diego harbor.

Do you know something about Jordan that we don't?

No, im just saying that he will most likely not be able to find enough people in his area to get the parts. Since he's on NAXJA most of us are in the states or canada correct? And alexparts wont make multiple stops, so the most logical thing to do is ship it here first then there. Unless he has enough people in his area to make the order.

He might be talking about East Jordan Michigan. :)

Hey Jeepcherokeeboy, did you get going on those fenders?
-Chris

He might be talking about East Jordan Michigan. :)

Hey Jeepcherokeeboy, did you get going on those fenders?
-Chris

Ohhh well that would make sense then :p and na I didn't get started on it yet.

yeah guys... east jordan michigan... no camels here... but there are some camel toes... anyways how many people were involved in the group buy you guys did... to get the prices you got?? i already shot ALEX an email and told him i heard some of the parts were cheap... and ask him the normal questions.... anyhow me and my buddy were thinkin about doing a few cherokees and maybe a comanche.... he is more the mechanic and i am more the fabricater ... anyways we have done half a dozen cjs and a couple broncos... but this conversion looks like a good way to "polish a turd" and flip it for some decent cash...

yeah guys... east jordan michigan... no camels here... but there are some camel toes... anyways how many people were involved in the group buy you guys did... to get the prices you got?? i already shot ALEX an email and told him i heard some of the parts were cheap... and ask him the normal questions.... anyhow me and my buddy were thinkin about doing a few cherokees and maybe a comanche.... he is more the mechanic and i am more the fabricater ... anyways we have done half a dozen cjs and a couple broncos... but this conversion looks like a good way to "polish a turd" and flip it for some decent cash...

If you follow the few builds, the parts are kind of shite. It would be a lot of work for a flipper.

Last edited:
just installed the HID'S It looks SICK!!! MUCH better visability. Ill snap some pix if anyone interested in intsalling them in their 2500 headlamps

Send the pics over and I'll post em up.

How are the headlights adjusted once they are in there? Have we figured out how to even mount them to the header panel yet?

they arent really adjustable. I hooked em in using the two top screws and hose clamps for the stud parts. i wasnt able to get hose clamps in the top stud cuz it doesnt stick out far enough. So instead i used acorn caps for the top studs.

Here are his pic's
100_0110.jpg

100_0111.jpg

100_0112.jpg

100_0113.jpg

This is 1 of the 2 adjustments. There should be a knob assembly where the pen is located.
DSC00729.jpg

This is the second adjustment.
DSC00730.jpg

This is just another angle.
DSC00731.jpg

man i didnt know there was adjustments! thanks chris!

urban: the lights are 1,000,000 times better than the h4 it comes with. Alot better to the sides as well. And the kit i got comes with a hi/lo feature so im pumped on that too. And yes, its 6000.

Back