• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fitting 2500 front end parts:

its hella cool that the 2500 parts are avalable and make ore beloved bricks a bit fancy, but i think it looks like a bastard child of a XJ and a WJ.

to each their own and good luck!

I think we all like making something a little different and at times I look at it and totally hate it and sometimes it really starts growing on me. If I don't like it after its painted it's going to get the 97+ clip put back on........

so far all the feedback ive gotten from xj owners around town has been positive. I love the look, and i love the fact that only a handful of us have these parts.

Chris,

After fitting the 2500 front end, how possible is it to revert to the old style again. Either 87-96 or 97+ it doesnt matter.

My biggest concearn is that i have someone do all the work to fit it up, and i get in an accident, or some something else happens where i would have to replace a part... and be up a creek. Thats what has made me decide to sell my parts because it just seems like to big of a hastle for a daily driver. If its as simple as bolting on old parts, then that might change my mind back...

Also, how have the head lights held up? Any fading like the tail lights??

the only modification to your jeep is the core supports. You could weld them back on if you used a plasma cutter to take em off. Ive been running the headlights since Feb. and have no fading. I have H.I.D's in them and them work nicely. The only tricky problem with the headlights is getting them to stay in there lol.

Chris,

After fitting the 2500 front end, how possible is it to revert to the old style again. Either 87-96 or 97+ it doesnt matter.

My biggest concearn is that i have someone do all the work to fit it up, and i get in an accident, or some something else happens where i would have to replace a part... and be up a creek. Thats what has made me decide to sell my parts because it just seems like to big of a hastle for a daily driver. If its as simple as bolting on old parts, then that might change my mind back...

Also, how have the head lights held up? Any fading like the tail lights??

I didn't take much off the ears of the core support. It would be very easy to put it back to stock down the road if something changes. It's really just a basic fender and header swap. I do like the look of it now that it is painted and has a motor in it again. :)

hhmmm that's supposed to say "after a comment like that?" Comeon chris take some glory shots I don't know what I;m going to do with a broken 2500 grill without some inspiration... Anyone good with glass want a 2500 Grill that's broken, for cheap?

If you don't mind a dusty garage, poor lighting picture?
DSC00760.jpg

DSC00769.jpg

DSC00768.jpg

And I did find a way to mount the lamps but I'm still working on the adjusters. As soon as I get the driveline done the fuel lines back in it, I'll wash her off and get some better pictures..... I've been busy working on the Packard for the past few weeks and need to get rolling on the MJ again.

Last edited:
man I wish I had the time do do more than one project at a time. I have a 445 ft-lb torque Buick Nailhead engine I want to wrap a Willys Jeep pickup/hot rod around, a 65 Mustang 289 Vert that needs new floors and torque boxes and I have a ton of speed parts in boxes waiting to get put on it, a Muscle MJ I want to do which I have most of the parts for... a Wrangler sitting around with no engine.... worst part is I have nearly every part I need to do most of them just no freakin time.... So what color is that, looks familiar?

Last edited:
man I wish I had the time do do more than one project at a time. I have a 445 ft-lb torque Buick Nailhead engine I want to wrap a Willys Jeep pickup/hot rod around, a 65 Mustang 289 Vert that needs new floors and torque boxes and I have a ton of speed parts in boxes waiting to get put on it, a Muscle MJ I want to do which I have most of the parts for... a Wrangler sitting around with no engine.... worst part is I have nearly every part I need to do most of them just no freakin time.... So what color is that, looks familiar?

I've decided to stop having "project" cars sitting around. Either they get worked on or they find a new home. Thats why I'm trying to get the Packard done because it's going to be my summer daily driver. I still have a handful of Willys wagons and truck's waiting for their turn. It's sad to say I'm kinda burned out on building Jeeps and have been that way for 10 years now, but it's been a good supplement to my living.
-Chris

One word for 80's quartz technology................ PIMP!
DSC00770.jpg

DSC00771.jpg

Mid 80's XJ waggy. I do have all the sensors and piggyback computer to make it work in the MJ but it would be a waste of time. Always wanted to use it in something and figured why not. Probably going to wire it up so the backlight inside it and clock works. It's more of a novelty item.

-C

Just need a vintage 2 knob AM radio to top it off. j/k Well it beats just keeping it in a box in the garage.

Back