• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First Time Jeep Owner

andrew8404

NAXJA Forum User
I just purchased my first Jeep last week a 95 Cherokee as my dedicated trail rig. I've always been a Toyota truck guy and built up a fairly capable 2012 Tacoma as a DD and Trail Rig. But as driving and gas got more expensive I decided to get a DD (Subie) and a trail rig to beat up instead of a brand new truck. I'm pretty excited to start learning about my Jeep and hopefully join you guys on some trips.

Here are a few pics of my truck I just sold.
bega9uqe.jpg

uva6ava5.jpg

And here are a few pics of my new rig. I know nothing about Jeeps but luckily I have a buddy who's knowledgeable and helped me pick this baby out. The guy has done tons of work to her already. 5.5 inch Long Arm Rough Country lift, aw4 transmission, custom fab front/rear bumpers and sliders, Chrysler 8.25 rear axle and geared 4:56:1, slip yoke eliminator, rear disc brakes that squel a bit, durango steering box,
Older 35 Mud Terrian tires with great tread life, and a few other things I'm sure I'm missing. She still needs some fixing up but look forward to learning all about it!
agyrynu3.jpg

tysa3e3a.jpg
ydajyneh.jpg
uba2e7yh.jpg

Welcome!!

And Kyle's right -- Loma Linda's "just down the hill" from Big Bear, where we're doing Adopt-A-Trail maintenance this next weekend. Free camping for participants... Karma points... Good times, & good people. Also makes your trip up tax-deductible as a charitable contribution (mileage, and some food) if you actually are in a tax bracket (Me, I do it for the fun, friendship, & the good Karma of keeping our trails open. Tax bracket? Me? Well maybe, once the kids are all done with college...)

Hardcore!

Back