• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fired Up in Dallas

BrianB

NAXJA Forum User
Regardless of where you stand on the illegal immigration thing, you probably have to wonder how much longer we can continue to ignore the crime it fosters.

From the basic fact that entering the country is a Federal Crime, to forgery of a Federal documents, like a Social Security Cards and Voter Registration documents, and then state documents like a Driver's License, Birth Certificate, Motor Vehicle Inspection and Registration and others, you have to admit that the life of an illegal alien is entirely a life of crime.

They say they come here to work, which is specifically a crime, because to work in this country you have to have a Social Security Number. I guess unless you're a criminal-type employer who hires illegals to undercut the competition and pocket the illegal profit, which leads to tax evasion on various levels.

You hear all this nonsense about how these people are the "backbone" of the economy. Well gosh, the day criminals are the backbone of our economy ... I am not sure how to respond? What would we say if the nation's rapists, child molesters, bank robbers, arsonists, counterfeiters, muggers, crack heads and car thieves declared that they're the "backbone" of the nation's economy, took to the streets and demanded "justice?"

Justice? These people want justice? Well, okay, I feel like we have a fairly adequate criminal justice system, a far cry better than what they've got in freakin' Mexico, so if they want justice, then fine. Let's run them all through Federal court and we'll give them justice?

But back to this economy thing, they say without them the economy would suffer. Heck, that's a farce, like their entire position in all of this.

Taxes in my city are increasing because of the expanding schools, expanding because of their kids. So I pay more. And insurance rates increase, because hospitals have trouble making ends meet because they are forced to treat these people who have no insurance. Car insurance rates are higher in the city, party due to the fact they drive without insurance. Not just them, but them for sure.

And basic city services, like fire and police protection, cost more because they're here. They cause increased demand but since they don't own property they don't pay property taxes, which fund a lot of services in the County.

So I wonder if all these people went away, and I didn't have to pay for their freebies, maybe it costs more to have my roof changed, and my tire repaired, but if I'm spending less on taxes to support their freebies, I am not so sure if that doesn't balance out.

What absolutely shocks me about all of this is that these people, criminals, actually think they matter. They're criminals and they think they're gonna' dictate what happens here.

And they absolutely sound ridiculous. They say the Pilgrims, remember Cotton Mather and Miles Standish and those guys, were illegal immigrants. And they say George Washington was an immigrant. Gosh, those people are so ignorant, that I feel ashamed to point out how ridiculous their comparisons are to our Forefathers. My parents taught me to not make uneducated people feel foolish for their ignorance, and I truly believe a lot of us in this country feel the same way, but at this point ... I am crossing the line.

This whole thing is just insane and the Catholic Church is working pretty hard now to alienate the rest of its base. First, they hide sex offenders from justice, and now they want to shield illegal aliens from justice. But they say the unborn deserve justice. Heck, I can't figure those people ...

These illegal aliens have to go and when they're gone, we'll all be better off. Today, I'll be on the phone to my congressmen and senators. Kay Bailey Huchinson is pretty lame, but I hope she will vote with our new guy who has the issue pretty well in hand.

Wish us luck here in Texas, we've got a massive problem on our hands, but if there is one state capable of handling this problem, it's Texas.

God Bless Texas!

Brian

You don't like anyone do you. First it's illegals, then Mexicans and Mexico, then Catholics. Making generalized blanket statements like that about anyone really shows what a bigot you are. Where do you get all this propaganda? From your Aryan Nation meetings? I'm a Texan and damn proud to be one, and it really pisses me off when nazis like you spout off with your hate in the name of Texas.

I can agree and disagree to some point. Yes, America is supposed to be a melting pot but there have to be limits. Back when America was founded, there was plenty of land and they said to "bring your poor, your weak", etc. But now we have too many people. Its a proven study that the more people within a per capita region, the crime increases among other items. If the illegals were to go to Montana, Idaho, or some low-population state, it wouldnt be as bad for Southern California, Arizona, Texas, etc. We can't open our borders to every possible person in the world. If the US were to buy Mexico, then illegal immigration wouldnt be an issue. :) I love Mexico BTW. Awesome culture.

If the immigrants were to come legally and make a valid/legit attempt of becoming citizens and paying taxes/insurance/and everything else that citizens do, then thats great.

Ralph said:
You don't like anyone do you. First it's illegals, then Mexicans and Mexico, then Catholics. Making generalized blanket statements like that about anyone really shows what a bigot you are. Where do you get all this propaganda? From your Aryan Nation meetings? I'm a Texan and damn proud to be one, and it really pisses me off when nazis like you spout off with your hate in the name of Texas.

Thanks for your comments. Me, a Nazi? Don't like anyone?

Well, I'm Catholic, come from a long, long line of Catholics, people who were forced from their land because of their faith, imprisoned and deported to strange lands. I have some serious political issues with the way the Catholic Church lines up on some very serious issues. And since I'm Catholic I have every right to question the leadership.

Does that make me a Nazi? Heck, I ain't looking for no German Renaissance to some Bismarkian glory.

Is that the core of your response to me? I oppose lawlessness. I oppose illegal immigration and all of the crime it fosters and the best you can do is call me a Nazi and say I don't like anyone?

Illegal aliens are an insult to every person living in this country legally. Sorry man, this is a personal assault in my opinion. These people think they have rights? Geeze, they have the right to a swift and speed trial, and they don't have to incriminate themselves under oath. Yea, they have some rights, but no right to here, that's for sure.

Think what you want, I expect people to obey the law of this land. Along with that, I expect people who don't obey those laws to be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Does that make me a Nazi? Maybe I am a Nazi. I guess there could be worse things. But seriously, I'm not German, I'm French. I guess there were French Nazis, but my ancestors left France in the 1600s and entered Louisiana well before the 13 colonies got their act together.

But I guess I could still be a Nazi, so if it makes you feel better to think that evryone who opposed illegal immigration to be a Nazi, go right ahead and think that. But you know, I have some Jewish friends, and they are really burnt out on how the term Nazi is overused and misused in discussions like this, where one person is trying to intimidate another person by calling them a bad name.

Nazi, me? I guess it depends on who you're asking?

Werd to BrianB. I to Feel like there is an invasion taking place. Mabey that is because I live in the Northeastern quadrent of Mexico(NC). I personally work at a tow company and I see anywhere from 5-10 non insured/DUI tows a week from illegal aliens. Just looking the other way and letting it happen is wrong! I feel if they come over legaly it is fine. But for them to come over and not have to pay taxes, Have assisted living and free health care at my cost...well thats not ok with me. And I dont feel ashamed saying so!

Brian has a point Ralph, you did not counter any of the logically drawn conclusions he posted. Instead you tried to question his integrity and motives.

I don't think of myself as a racist, bigot, or classist. I am a "trend noticer". When I notice a trend I like to point it out.

I have noticed a trend of people who have no solutions, and only point out what is wrong with what other people do and say.

Wouldn't happen to be a democrat would you Ralph?

goodburbon said:
Brian has a point Ralph, you did not counter any of the logically drawn conclusions he posted. Instead you tried to question his integrity and motives.

I don't think of myself as a racist, bigot, or classist. I am a "trend noticer". When I notice a trend I like to point it out.

I have noticed a trend of people who have no solutions, and only point out what is wrong with what other people do and say.

Wouldn't happen to be a democrat would you Ralph?
X2! Not once in his speech did I see anything where he said he hates anybody.

I don't hate Mexicans but I don't care for criminals and I don't like anyone who uses me and the money I pay in taxes to take care of them for free.

The shame of it is...this issue has nothing to do with race yet people like Ralph and others are going to turn it into a race issue which will explode worse then any issue this country has had to deal with in years.

Ralph said:

Bigot? Blanket statement? Propaganda? Not quite Skippy. These are all FACTS that even the Pinko evening news is reporting. Actually, he went a bit easy on the Catholic party, they are in it up to their elbows in spite of what their King in the Vatican has told the Governors.

I would be more upset at the people who pay these "mexicans" minimum or less wages to do jobs they say "americans don't want". It only keeps the minimum wage a "slave wage". I read a statistic somewhere that said, "if the average americans wage increased at the same rate of the average CEO's pay for the last 20 years, then the lowest paid worker in America would now be making 20 some dollars/per hour." I sure don't blame people for wanting better lives for their children. Maybe if America had spent more time and energy in its own hemisphere, raising the standard of living for its own and its neighbors, we wouldn't be in the situation we find ourselves in today. (hindsight being 20/20, of course)

Thanks for all your responses, especially from Louisiana. I know you all there are seeing illegals like never before with the rebuilding projects underway. It should be fairly alarming to you now.

I think a couple of you mentioned solutions. A few years ago I came up with this crazy idea.

Geographic Center of the US. With various elements of Federal and State governments and private groups, begin a door-to-door sweep of the entire nation, from Ground Zero fanning out in all directions at once.

This would be a walking tour of the nation, of sorts. I for one would love to take a year off and walk across the country meeting the people who live and die here, for this thing we call the United States of America.

Illegal Aliens would be driven to the borders and out. Bono and the U2 would probably be funding the movement of all these illegals to Wales or maybe Nigeria, whichever, who cares, but the point is that if they don't belong here, they have to go, it's just as simple as that. No punishment, just leave now.

In the meantime we could be doing soil tests and tests on livestock for viruses and stuff and pcbs and lead contamination in water and stuff.

It would be a clean sweep of the nation. Nothing to fear for everyone who belongs here, better kick up your heels if you don't.

That's my solution, just so if anyone thinks I havn't thought of one yet.

Too much private property to attempt that. One could just hide in the bushes as the search fans outward past them. Anyone inside the circle would just be assumed as legal.

The leak must be plugged first. Then a simple deportation policy by all state, federal, and local governments if anyone here illegally is encountered. Not an active search, but a passive, let the lawbreakers come to you, style of non invasive procedure. Everyone needs to show ID at some time or another.....most will get popped for something eventually.

This would stem the tide enough, so that it wouldn't be considered a crisis.

What about exploding neck collars for all non-Americans?
If they cross the border at anyplace except the ports of entry (where they'd turn off the collars with proper documentation, of course) thier heads would be seperated from thier bodies.

This issue is really starting to bore me.

Y'know, someone has to do the jobs that Americans don't want to do and as long as Americans are willing to pay the wages, there will be someone to come across the border to take those wages.
Personally, I don't want to pick watermelons or mow lawns for $2.00 per hour.
Here in Oklahoma, we're inundated with Mexicans. Hard working Mexicans. They have "Little Mexico" in a small part of OKC and they don't bother me or my family, nor do they come door to door trying to help me gain religion or sell me a vacuum cleaner, and in my mind, that's okay.

Okie I think you've stumbled across a real problem. The LAZINESS of americans these days.

Mowing lawns is what neighborhood kids are for. Unskilled labor is what dropouts and the uneducated are for.

We cannot blame people for wanting to work. We can, however, kick our kids off their asses and put them to work.

I cannot fathom why we support unskilled laborers coming into our country to work and sending the money they make to another country, as we pay our own unskilled laborers to sit on their asses.

I look at it this way....If you want to come here through a PROPER, LEGAL,PROCESS then hey, welcome to America I wish you the best-make the most of it.If you do it ILLEGALY then you dont deserve anything more than basic human rights and need to be deported.As for all these people on T.V. saying "they do the jobs americans wont/dont want to do" here's another angle to that statement.Americans would do these jobs if employers would pay decent wages, but they know they can hire illegals for dirt cheap so why offer a "fair" wage when they (employers) can pay the illegals dirt wages, which makes these jobs far less appealing to the "average joe" if the wage is too low .I think any employer that KNOWLINGLY hires illegals should do some mandatory prison time and pay some hellacious fines.Just to clarify, when I use the term "illegal alien" I'm referring to ANYONE from ANY COUNTRY that is here illegally-white,black, brown,green,red, purple makes no difference to me- if you're illegal your illegal, regardless of country of origin.Last time I checked illegal refers to braking the law and if you brake the law you should be punished.Too bad the government and the bleeding heart liberals cant seem to figure it out.:gonnablow

Okie Terry said:
Y'know, someone has to do the jobs that Americans don't want to do ...

Exactly. I don't want to work, But I like to eat, have a place out of the rain, oh, and little luxuries like my jeep. My earnings potential is in part based upon my education, the amount of risk I'm willing to take, years in my field and mostly my willingness to get off of my a$$ and earn a living. Those jobs that Americans don't want to do? To dam bad, get the tools for securing a job in a field that you want to work in or work at a menial job that you don't like so that you can put a roof over your head and your children's. Choose one, go hungry or work. you want to live on the dole? get in line for a contraceptive implant for the finite period that you are.
Tired of hearing about the illegal immigration issues? Move to Mexico or the Eastern Rim of the Pacific. "I'm an American, If I ignore the problem it will go away, if I don't want to hear about it someone else will fix it." That's worked out well, look around you at your eroding civil rights.
Everybody likes to blame the Mexican nationals, they just happen to share a common (porous) border. Somebody needs to mention all those that arrive, alive or dead in shipping containers or those from Europe. Irregardless of from where they came there is an ever growing number that are brought here for the sole purpose of slavery. It doesn't make the news much, they're not black.
Illegal immigration will not stop on it's own. It is not a racial issue, not a moral issue, it is a legal issue. It is an issue of those who have swore to uphold the laws of this nation ignoring their sworn duty, from legislatures in Washington clear down to the cop on the beat. The crime is that, at least in this area is that the police are threatened with disciplinary action for enforcing such laws.

BrianB said:
Taxes in my city are increasing because of the expanding schools, expanding because of their kids.

Good number of their children are US citizens ;)

BrianB said:
And basic city services, like fire and police protection, cost more because they're here. They cause increased demand but since they don't own property they don't pay property taxes, which fund a lot of services in the County.

Well Brian I guess you don't like me because I'm part of the problem. See I don't own property so I guess I don't pay property taxes. Oh no! I'm leeching off all those good people who can afford to own property out there! They're paying for my police/fire/etc! I"m horrible! I should be deported!!!

Ever think of this... All these non-propery owning scumbags (well, those that aren't homeless) RENT property - the LANDLORDS/OWNERS pay PROPERTY TAXES WITH COLLECTED RENT! Believe it or not they are paying taxes and so am I, it's just not happening directly.

what?they get here, illegally pop out a kid and suddenly we owe that kid and its parents entitlements?

I think that is total BS. We owe them a set of directions on how to get home!

My ex-boss is Iranian and worked his ass off to get here, and to get where he is today. It is an insult to him and everyone who worked to get here, for people to just be allowed to stay because they're aready here. He tried to get his parents citizenship over here, and because his 80 year old mother couldn't learn english well enough they denied her application to stay. His father went with her, but his application had been approved.

No one should be claiming that illegals don't pay taxes, if they purchase anything in the U.S. they have more than likely paid taxes. They are, however, leeches on the system if they send money they acquire out of our borders.

Back