• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Filarski Bros. Baja 1000 Prep

Cool!

My daughter is dancing in San Francisco that weekend, and we're going up, so I wouldn't have been able to make it on the 12th. Pretty much any other weekend is OK, except for New Year's.

Cool!

My daughter is dancing in San Francisco that weekend
Wow, and I thought it was risky mentioning my teenage daughters around here...

But yes, I certainly hope the party ends up happening on a weekend that has no conflicts!

Well they must be in great shape if they're still dancing...as far as the only "dancing" this bunch would think of... And Rick looks positively amazing for his age, then!

My youngest daughter is a professional dancer and lives in San Francisco. I haven't had a teenage daughter for 8 years. :)

You're a lucky man on both counts!! Although my teenagers aren't terribly teenaged--they're more like underaged adults...

Had a bunch of pics that never made it in here, so I'm just dumping them in no order.

IMG01826.jpg

IMG01801.jpg

IMG01803.jpg

IMG01804.jpg

IMG01805.jpg

Last edited:
I really like all the quick release mounts for various things you guys built while working on this. Great ideas here.

congrats again on the win! :cheers:

You can have a double celebration by all comimg to the 2009 Jeepspeed Awards evening at O. C. Motorsports, 2524 Harbor Blvd, Costa Mesa Jan 16th at 6pm with special mention to baja winners! Food is free but you have to buy your beer.

Bummer--I'll be out at Rick/Jump This's January Meet & Greet in Borrego Springs. I haven't quite mastered the concept of being in two places at once well enough to do both =(.

Eric, any plans for the next race?

Our paint and body sponsor, RVMD is throwing a Baja 1000 victory party for the whole team.
Anyone that was even remotely involved is welcome. Here is RVMD's post from another board.
Please PM me for me directions.

Eric

Jack @ RVMD:
Hey there, everybody! First of all, congratulations to the Filarski boys and DJR Racing for the fantastic, edge-of-the-seat performance! We were both glued to the computer for almost the whole race!
Anyway, to celebrate the victory, RVMD would like to invite everyone involved with the 1000, be you pit crew, photographer, or cheer squad, to a party at our house on Saturday, January 30th, from 2:00 PM until......
We will provide the keg, and if you plan on imbibing adult beverages, we suggest you bring your own sleeping quarters (i.e. your RV) to avoid having to drive home. Let us know if that weekend is okay, and if you can bring a side dish to go with hamburgers and hot dogs.

OK...
We nailed down a new date for this shindig.
Saturday January 30th 2010.

As always, the more the merrier, anyone and everyone is welcome. Please let me know if you are planning to make it as RVMD needs to know whether to get 10 or 11 kegs... J/K, not really though.
RVMD is located off of Murrieta road in Menifee Ca.

Eric

Should (hopefully!) be good to go on this one!! :party:

Back