• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler: 97 XJ 4.6 stroker

Geck_87laredo

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to see what might be offered here. I bought the Jeep last year with a knock in the motor. My brother in law talked me into doing a stroker so i went along with his idea. I have a the full specs on the motor which i will post. My brother in law is a former DCH tech and he is the one who built the motor.

I have yet to get it to run perfect and am tired of dealing with it. I've replaced the entire fuel pump assembly thinking it was possibly the regulator but that wasn't the problem. We now notice that the Borla headers are probably causing the issue because the fuel rail is getting up to 300 degrees. I bought 2 rolls of titanium header wrap and ties but the Jeep just sits since i have no time to work on it.

Possible trade for another Jeep or vehicle but prefer cash. I have a lot of money into my Jeep so please do not offend me by your offer as far as trade/cash. Like i mentioned it's just a feeler. I love this Jeep and all the power it has but i have a LOT of money into it.

I think a fair asking price is $3500
If you have CASH we can talk.
I have the clean title in hand. No Salvaged.

Motor has less than 4000 miles on it.

New clutch with performance centerforce pressure plate)
Manual 5-spd with Teraflex hand throttle.
Optima battery
HID headlights
CD player w/ aux. New kicker speakers front and rear.
Removable front doors.
quick disconnect sway bars.
Slip Yoke Eliminator
Custom lengthened driveshaft
new U-joints.
No front bumper. Will include factory rear.
Needs upper control arm welded (Willing to fix for the right deal.)
Borla headers- Currently in the process of wrapping them to keep the temps down under the hood.
This Jeep has never overheated on me! It heats up to around 200-210 and stays there in traffic or on the highway. (Normal operating temps)
New Alternator.
Mallory ignition.
Intake.
24lb injectors.
4.5" lift.
33" tires +2 full size spares.
Cobra 29ltd BT CB radio with K40 trucker antenna.

It passes smog with flying colors even with the stroker.

IMAG0214.jpg

IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

http://s850.photobucket.com/albums/ab63/Jeff_G2/KOH 2012/?action=view&current=DSCN1863.mp4

Hey man, before you sell it. I had a similar vaporlock issue with my 96 when driving down thru Nevada a few weeks ago, the heat outside was INSANE! It started to sputter and die on me the wouldn't start or run. Difference from me to you was, my gas tank was over pressurizing. When I opened the fuel cap it would blow fuel out at me. Trying to fill up was a problem also because it would keep shutting off the pump. As a temporary fix to get us home, I just went under the back end and pulled off one of the two vacuum lines on the tank vents. My evap was all working correctly the purge valve was purging, but it wasnt enough. Somehow it was pressurizing. Try to pull one of the vents first and see how it runs. I can't imagine that your causing any higher underhood temps with a header then with the stock exhaust. And I don't have any hood vents yet, so I know its cooking in there on hot days.

Just thought I would chime in with that, I would hate to see you sell your rig when a quick bypass vent could save you the headaches. And also make sure your evap system is all functioning correctly. Vapor lock can only occur if the tank can't pull fresh air in as the gas is sucked out.

Good luck.

Vapor lock can only occur if the tank can't pull fresh air in as the gas is sucked out.

Good luck.

Vapor lock is when the fuel changes from liquid to a gas while still in the fuel system. This disrupts the operation of the fuel pump, causing loss of feed pressure to the carb or injection system, resulting in loss of power or stalling out. The fuel can vaporize due to being heated by the engine, by the local climate or due to a lower boiling point at high altitude. Just FYI.

Vapor lock can only occur if the tank can't pull fresh air in as the gas is sucked out.

Good luck.

Vapor lock is when the fuel changes from liquid to a gas while still in the fuel system. This disrupts the operation of the fuel pump, causing loss of feed pressure to the carb or injection system, resulting in loss of power or stalling out. The fuel can vaporize due to being heated by the engine, by the local climate or due to a lower boiling point at high altitude. Just FYI.

Smoking deal

Back